AMD FX-8150 With The Open64 5.0 Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
    You're a fool. Read the fucking page I linked you. Socket 1155 which is *gasp* a desktop part!

Core i5 2400, another resource.
    Buy Intel Core i5-2400 - Core i5 2nd Gen Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Intel HD Graphics 2000 Desktop Processor - BX80623I52400 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Core i5 2500, with VT-x and VT-d

Its obvious you're getting torn up in here because you're just too stupid to hang. ;-)

FWIW, I have a Core i5 2400 in my media server right now. Without any copious amounts of research, I easily determined it supported the VM functionality I wanted.
    EDIT: Oh, and I got my Core i5 2400 a month ago from Microcenter for $149, not just barely under $200. Its still priced at that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
      And get the k model, lose VT-d. The normal virtualization stuff is now mainstream enough for Intel to not remove it from random CPUs it seems, but for what is VT-d useful/needed?

Comment

Wikipedia:
        An input/output memory management unit (IOMMU) enables guest virtual machines to directly use peripheral devices, such as Ethernet, accelerated graphics cards, and hard-drive controllers, through DMA and interrupt remapping. This is sometimes called PCI passthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          And get the k model, lose VT-d. The normal virtualization stuff is now mainstream enough for Intel to not remove it from random CPUs it seems, but for what is VT-d useful/needed?
          I really don't remember. In some cases I think there might have been performance hits using it. I can't site a source off the top off my head though. We aren't here to learn though, we're here to be pedantic and condescending. Stick to the guidelines.

Comment

Working...
          X