Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme Plus II

Phoronix: ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme Plus II

If you're a Linux desktop user on an open-source graphics driver that lacks proper fan management and power management support, you may want to consider an after-market graphics card cooler that is more efficient and also quieter. One of the high-performance after-market GPU cooling solutions is the ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme Plus II, which boasts three fans but is very quiet and does an incredible job at keeping NVIDIA and ATI/AMD graphics processors operating at quite low temperatures.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bought this cooling solution a year ago and I'm so incredibly satisfied with it. At the same time I exchanged my Core i7 stock fan/heatsink for a Prolima Megahalem (a real beast) which was also incredible. I recommend this site for people who wants to find quiet and effective cooling solutions, it's the best I've every found:

Accelero Xtreme Plus is an unapologetic three-fan monster GPU cooler that Arctic Cooling claims can tackle cards drawing up to 250W. It may be the VGA heatsink noise-adverse gaming enthusiasts have been waiting for. November 4, 2010 by Lawrence Lee Product Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus GPU Cooler Manufacturer Arctic Cooling Street Price US$70~75 The

Prolimatech is a relatively new Taiwanese company with only one product: the Megahalems CPU cooler. Despite Prolima’s relative obscurity, the Megahalems has been making the rounds at several well-known PC enthusiasts sites and getting excellent marks. There’s only one thing left standing between the Megahalems and greatness: a thumbs up from SPCR. Feb 20, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      I bought this cooling solution a year ago and I'm so incredibly satisfied with it. At the same time I exchanged my Core i7 stock fan/heatsink for a Prolima Megahalem (a real beast) which was also incredible. I recommend this site for people who wants to find quiet and effective cooling solutions, it's the best I've every found:

Accelero Xtreme Plus is an unapologetic three-fan monster GPU cooler that Arctic Cooling claims can tackle cards drawing up to 250W. It may be the VGA heatsink noise-adverse gaming enthusiasts have been waiting for. November 4, 2010 by Lawrence Lee Product Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus GPU Cooler Manufacturer Arctic Cooling Street Price US$70~75 The

http://www.silentpcreview.com/prolima-megahelams
      That cpu heatsink really looks like it will crush your motherboard if you put down the case a teeny bit too hard

Comment

Hehe yes, it's not for moving around to much

The current leader on their list (cooling/noise) seems to be a bit lighter, but still at 790 g.

Comment

On the CPU side, I can also recommend the also rather huge, though not quite as towering, Noctua HSFs. I've got an NH-12UP, and it's both rather quiet and very efficient. It's got a huge, slow-spinning, fan - and if you've got the room, that's usually a good solution.

Comment

I have a limit of about 500g for my heatsinks. Currently using a Freezer7Pro. Not the best heatsink out there, but it still lets me run an i5 2500k @4.2GHz without getting too hot.

Comment

I was positively surprised by the stock heatsink shipped with Phenom X6s. Quite a difference when comparing to the stock Intel one with my previous cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                my mugen1 is bigger 950g and more cm in high... and this never happens.
                I never though I'd see the "My heatsink is bigger than yours"-thread...

Comment

Working...
                X