A Screensaver Interface Comes To Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pq__ View Post
    Great, it took a whole day for my posts to appear here, and then they appeared in the middle of old posts.

Anyway, more on screen locking and screensavers here: http://ppaalanen.blogspot.com

since you are a wl dev would it be possible to give an answer on what parts of wayland are missing in order for it to be able to support a full desktop environment??

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      since you are a wl dev would it be possible to give an answer on what parts of wayland are missing in order for it to be able to support a full desktop environment??
      Not really, sorry. I haven't worked with desktops enough to know what they need. You might get some idea, if you take the EWMH spec and assume everything is still missing. You might also add ICCCM, but AFAIU that is less relevant here, since the display server and window manager are the same process, and they actually contain policy, too, which the X server does not.

Note, that EWMH is not supposed to be implemented directly. EWMH is for X, and Wayland is way different. But we do need lots of similar features, and those are pretty much missing.

Also, I haven't looked at what the KDE, Gnome or other specific desktop projects have done, all I know at this time is the wayland demos.

Comment

thanks for the answer

Comment

Working...
        X