Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated posts

Hello there.

I'm trying to post on these forums and participate in discussions. But every post I make is answered with a 'has to be moderated' message. My posts don't show up until the next day, after which my posts may not even be seen anymore. As far as I know, none of my posts contain any hyperlinks.

Why is this forum so restrictive? I searched and found the first five posts will be moderated; I'm past that number and still get the message. It deters me in my effort to participate in discussions, and makes me wonder how many people are being scared away. Is this method very effective at fighting spam? If you considered one or two posts, does that mean the account would still be used for spamming? How are new users considered to stay here and participate if their posts have a one day delay? It's not very motivating and quite frankly, I'm frustrated.

I do understand spam is a concern and it needs to be addressed. I'm just hoping it can be done without affecting new users so severely?

Regards,
    sub.mesa

Originally posted by sub.mesa View Post
    Hello there.

I'm trying to post on these forums and participate in discussions. But every post I make is answered with a 'has to be moderated' message. My posts don't show up until the next day, after which my posts may not even be seen anymore. As far as I know, none of my posts contain any hyperlinks.

Why is this forum so restrictive? I searched and found the first five posts will be moderated; I'm past that number and still get the message. It deters me in my effort to participate in discussions, and makes me wonder how many people are being scared away. Is this method very effective at fighting spam? If you considered one or two posts, does that mean the account would still be used for spamming? How are new users considered to stay here and participate if their posts have a one day delay? It's not very motivating and quite frankly, I'm frustrated.

I do understand spam is a concern and it needs to be addressed. I'm just hoping it can be done without affecting new users so severely?

Regards,
    sub.mesa
    You did have one post that did carry a link (not a spam link, just a link) and that may have triggered the filter. You should be ok now.

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

I too, may have posted a couple of links to explain my questions a bit better.
        Not sure if my thread even went through or not, I did not see the message that my thread had to be approved.

Comment

keeping this to know. Btw its really tricky figuring out links, what about wordpress.com blogs, other forum posts and the ubiquotous lwn.net . There are lots of places where activity about GNU/Linux is shared about. It is tricky, hope you guys do work something out. The moderated stuff is annonying to say the least.

Update: Ok, this is hilarious. It seems to be not moderated here but heavily moderated in Desktop-Linux. http://phoronix.com/forums/forumdisp...-Desktop-Linux
          Last edited by shirish; 17 January 2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

My post in Open-Source ATI didn't have any links at all, but still got filtered.

Comment

@ Pyre Vulpimorph: You haven't yet made 5 posts, that's why it's still moderated.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
                @ Pyre Vulpimorph: You haven't yet made 5 posts, that's why it's still moderated.
                Thanks for your info!

Comment

Working...
                X