Steel Storm 2 Game Coming For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed. They can work on whatever they want but "old-school FPS in the spirit of Doom and Quake", really?
    Another one? I can't think of a game category where linux is better served than in that one...
    This... The only FPS titles that have interested me in the last 5 years was the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Everything else has been just a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

Comment

Indeed there were issues with people who pre-ordered SS:BR early. However, I got e-mails such as: "Unsubscribe me from the list", etc. When I asked why, no one ever responded. I am sorry guys, but if I pre-order anything, I am on top of things. And if I see the game coming out and I've yet to get my CDKey or copy, I e-mail devs asking what's up. We have sent e-mails to everyone who was on the PayPal and GCheckout lists. Half of those people never got back with me. Whoever got back with me got either Steam key or Desura key. We all grown ups here (I hope so), so no need to cause drama, call KiA shady and act like a spoiled brat baby.

Comment

Why dont post a little video how the game should look like? I mean $20 is pretty much for an indy shooter, should be something special then. I bought the first game via a bundle, fun as long as i played it, which was not that far, would have got needed some cheats Which game engine is used? How many levels? Cool bosses? Multiplayer? Weapons? Cutscenes? Expected play time... A little bit more info would not hurt.

Comment

I am working on it. The game kicked off few days ago and I was writing des doc, making website, and performing some terrain tests. $20 is a lot? Hmm.. Check out Interstellar Marines. It will never run on Linux though. They are asking $40 for their game. The game has been in development since at least 2008. They raised afaik 1 million dollars, which allowed then to hire more artists to more art done. I am asking for $5 toward a jump start. Meaning I can work on the game without stressing how I'm going to eat/feed my family/pay bills.

There is a website that tells you some details. Playtime? I don't know. Depends how good you are Darkplaces engine is the engine of choice, co-op and dm will be present (besides single player, which is what I am focusing on). Cutscenes? Did I mention that the game is old school? If you want cutscenes, go to the movie theater

At any rate, there are legendary developers who made great games and as they were making them, devs got the whole picture of how many of everything will be in the game. I will be releasing information as I get stuff to show. I can tell you 5 levels, but that doesn't mean you will beat the game in 5 hrs (this doesn't meant I am going to have only 5 levels).

Thank you for playing and enjoying Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. Although, you will never ever see any of my games associated with HIB / Wolfire, ever.

Comment

$20 really isn't much but asking for $5 for what is essentially nothing (from the perspective of what can only be describe as "investors") is a bit meh.

Maybe Phoronix should have held off before there was something worth "reporting" but phoronix is what phoronix does, you get use to just buying a tonne of salt when it comes to phoronix and games.

I will considering an "investment" if there is something worth considering investing in, at the moment I see better return prospects from a timeshare salesrep, at least they have brochures and hot sales rep's to try to conn you out of your money

Comment

Think what you will, I have a proven track record.

Comment

I think you are misunderstanding, if/when something is shown to be worth money being handed over then is will.

Comment

Ah, ofc. However, I just started the development. So, you will see more art soon Meanwhile you might want to follow @motorsep and @steelstorm2 on Twitter.

Comment

There are for sure some nice first person shooters using the DP engine but most of em are free. Why would somebody want to buy a 08/15 shooter (or how you call it: oldschool) when there are games with much more levels (and players for mp) out there for free with the same look? Interesting would be a shooter with a much better gfx, maybe Unigine engine (the demos looked good, but Oilrush is definitely no good example) with a cool environment like the new demo in development. I personally like easy shooters, best with reasonable auto save points (in too many shooters you need quicksave all the time when you dont want to cheat) but the gfx should be really worth looking at. Best would be when it is so simple that you can beat the game using a game pad (like rage). I definitely understand why you want to create a fps with mp: because it is very simple to check a serial for online play to avoid piracy (at least for the mp part, sp you can not stop usually). Have fun creating your levels, but most likely i will not buy it, maybe when it is in a very cheap bundle (well i collect those, even when i often dont play em).

Comment

I am sorry guys, but I know what I want in my game. This is not a "community is making the game and one dev is implementing it" project. Be patient and you shall see it And after that you can decide whether you want to play it or not.

I'd love to see some examples of good singleplayer FPS games, free, for Linux. Mind you, Nexuiz, Xonotic and AA are not good examples. Warsow looks good, but still, mp-only game.

I tried setting up bitcoin in my e-Shoppe, but it was a p.i.t.a. and it didn't work. While bitcoin is cool underground feature, I am not gonna bother with it. I might as well ask for golden coins instead. Hard currency so to speak :P

Comment

Working...
                      X