Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Storm 2 Game Coming For Linux

Phoronix: Steel Storm 2 Game Coming For Linux

There's going to be a successor to Steel Storm, an indie action shooter game. Steel Storm 2, however, will be a first person shooter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Disappointed

I'm a bit disappointed. They can work on whatever they want but "old-school FPS in the spirit of Doom and Quake", really?
    Another one? I can't think of a game category where linux is better served than in that one...

Comment

yup, need like a really good rts (Which would line up better with their steelstorm1)
      also asking for money when nothing to show (not even screenshots) is a bit meh

im already put off

Comment

Sure there are lots of FPS on Linux already, although most of them are "arena deathmatch"-types. If there is a fun single player campaign in this one, why not?

Comment

No thanks for games from shady company. Even for linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
            Would you care to elaborate? They have released a quite solid game before (even including the source-code) and I see no reason why I should distrust them (that is for 5$ ).

Comment

KoT is fare from a dodgy company, dunno where you get that idea from.
              anyways a $5 for a good single player FPS is far from wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post
                Would you care to elaborate? They have released a quite solid game before (even including the source-code) and I see no reason why I should distrust them (that is for 5$ ).
                Sure. I've payed for SS episode 2 in early beta to support the game and I've received the access to alpha version, but never got the full game.

Comment

I mean, Linux needs Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Ubisoft's Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series.(I can mention plenty of more). This is what Linux needs in the FPS world. Because yes, Linux sucks even in the FPS world despite there being 1 thousand FPS around.

Despite all Michaels best intentions, I'm confident in saying that NOTHING has changed for Linux in the gaming area, and I'm not joking. I'm still not sure why he is convinced of the contrary. (he never said so, but his articles lead to make us think so).

I'm not sure if the story around Steam for Linux is a joke, but that is the only thing that can really change gaming under Linux. All the rest doesn't count.

Comment

Sure. I've payed for SS episode 2 in early beta to support the game and I've received the access to alpha version, but never got the full game.
                    Yes, there was some problems with that. Early supporters never got the full version automatically, you had to email them about it.

It was a situation that was unfortunately not handled in the best of ways, and some people got quite upset, judging from the posts on the mailing list.

Comment

Working...
                    X