Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaczu View Post
    Still at it huh?
    You posted, i replied. ...and you still haven't said anything relevant - not in response to my post, and not relevant to the thread.

Still at it huh?I mean why would I discuss something with someone who can't even remember what they said only a post ago?
    Maybe you should look again, you are actually wrong on this, bud. I said 'bye bye' only the once. It happened in this order;

<i never said bye bye before this point>

1st. posted by me
    You've got nothing to say at all. plain as day. bye bye
    next, posted by you
    You said bye bye before didn't you? Once insults start flying I see no reason to address anything you've said. If you were actually interested in discussing the topic you would have avoided that. Plain and simple. If you can't discuss things like an adult, I see no reason to take the time to go over your responses. Sorry
    3rd. i then post
    said bye before, nope. don't think so. ...and regardless, if you reply, obviously i will respond (whether i have been insulted or not!)
    FYI - if you don't believe me, use the 'find' (search) function in your browser (on page 6 of the thread). ...but really what relevance does this even have to anything??? and also, this just makes you look less and less intellegent, as it turns out that what you are accusing me of is exactly what you are doing, ie: you can't even keep track of the thread... LOL LOL LOL.

Now if you can't even be truthful with yourself.
    excuse me??? I am being completely honest with you and myself. You have been dishonest and disingenuous through out this whole thread. and if you weren't you would have already backed up your claims, but you haven't. While i have every step of the way.

How in the world can I possibly take you seriously?
    Dude, how can i take you seriously when you think retarded things like A and B can't be compared even when they attempt to provide the same 'basic' functionality? How can i take you seriously, when you right off the hop didn't even believe i was running gnome3.2??? How can i take you seriously, when you use the word 'expertly' to describe something that was basic...? how can i take you seriously, when you won't even back up a single thing you've said. you are full of it, pal. ...and bringing up Beryl, a long dead project? (why?!?! that didn't even make sense).

I would be having a discussion with someone for no real reason at all. <cut>... but I don't believe in arguing just to argue.
    Maybe you should offer up something, relevant to the thread, like post some screenshots of your GS workflow, i am curious to see - and that would be VERY relevant to the thread, would it not?? or could show us/tell us about all of the contributions you've done in FOSS (or better yet, Gnome), being as you gave me shit over this kind of stuff... I'm not arguing just to argue, i want to get understand your logic here, but you refuse to post anything useful. I also want you to back up your claims...

oh, and as a sidenote, I said i have 2 gtk3 themes. They are called Marples and the other is called Blapple. I still have a few things minor things to fix in them (some changes in gtk+ require it), and i also need to fix them for the Ubuntu folks, some of the text is hard to read in software-center (but i didn't know this until recently, being as i don't use ubuntu). I also have contributed to a few other OSS projects here and there, including translations for one app, also give some help for audio related things in the wine list, and a few other lists as well.

If you want to 'pretend' and convince yourself that i'm just here to argue and have nothing to say or contribute, that's fine...

But at this point, i know you have nothing to contribute (unless you care to prove me wrong?).

whatever you need to tell yourself, pal. You aren't fooling anyone, but yourself.
    Last edited by ninez; 24 November 2011, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
      You posted, i replied. ...and you still haven't said anything relevant - not in response to my post, and not relevant to the thread.
      Maybe you should look again, you are actually wrong on this, bud. I said 'bye bye' only the once. It happened in this order;
      Cheers is a form of bye is it not? Or at least that's how I took it.

i want to get understand your logic here, but you refuse to post anything useful.
      Did I not describe my workflow to you already? I did. Sorry but when I encounter someone who again is just arguing to argue I really don't put forth much effort. When you started saying really daft things like "I can turn off compositing without restarting" while telling me about the virtues of compiz and Scale (which don't exist when you turn off compositing) much less your 3x3 workspace and Wall which you would need to get to those workspaces in your setup, I knew right then what I was dealing with. You were making points just to make them (just like "adjusting the speed" increased your productivity--which would be kind of crazy thing to say as the animation times of access to the overlay is a second, are you making up time in the millisecond range?) whether they related to productivity or not. Throw in some insults which just reinforced the type of person I was dealing with, and that pretty much told me having a discussion wasn't something you wanted but something else entirely. Sorry this isn't about telling myself anything. This is about knowing when you encounter someone with issues all to their own and not really putting forth much effort once you encounter someone like that. Do you not understand this or do I need to say it in another way?
      Last edited by kaczu; 24 November 2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Ninez, don't feed the troll...

This - boy/girl - seems to ignore that you're proposing a simple and easy comparison between a G2 + tools and Gnome3 Shell with its integrated "tools", because he/she loves GS like Apple fanboys love Apple. You can't do anything with the troll :-D.

Did you read my comment? I exposed some facts against the claimed "distraction free" and "productivity improvement" memes from GNOME devs in a PRO desktop... Like me, you exposed true facts in your comments, and you only suffered Fanboyism... But don't worry, GNOME devs prefer to do Boxes and other beautiful "tools" instead of fixing usability failures. Damn Apple fanboys xDDDD.

Comment

Originally posted by alvadoraemon View Post
          This - boy/girl - seems to ignore that you're proposing a simple and easy comparison between a G2 + tools and Gnome3 Shell with its integrated "tools", because he/she loves GS like Apple fanboys love Apple. You can't do anything with the troll :-D.

Did you read my comment? I exposed some facts against the claimed "distraction free" and "productivity improvement" memes from GNOME devs in a PRO desktop... Like me, you exposed true facts in your comments, and you only suffered Fanboyism... But don't worry, GNOME devs prefer to do Boxes and other beautiful "tools" instead of fixing usability failures. Damn Apple fanboys xDDDD.
          I did read your comments. Read the comment on the lack of dock and wondered to myself does this person not know how to use apt-get, much less there's extensions for the dock. Plus your comment about tablets was really good since G2 by itself isnt' too good for tablets without many of the customisations that any person with half a brain would implement. I didn't respond to u because just about all of it is easily overcome with rudimentary tools. Let's go through them..

1. Solution: Install a dock, or install flippery which puts back the global menu, puts a panel on the bottom, or install the dock extension....
          (So i'm suppose to spend the effort responding to you when Google "gnome extensions" or apt-get install docky, awn... or whatever would easily solve this and is something that people even did with G2. )

2. Solution: I created a launcher EX: gnome-terminal --geometry=240x240 and pair that with the put window extension. Gnome terminals always open in workspace 2 and they are correctly sized for the workspace. How hard was that? Not at all. This is something that I've done for years long before I used compiz.

3. Solution: The "suspend" only option in the User menu... Once again google is your friend. Extension for that and that's been around FOREVER. Almost a year at this point.

4. Don't have a laptop so I can't speak to this, but this is handled by acpid. You could script for this quite easily. There's code for it. Once again google...

5. Is a rehash of #3.

This lovely comment "Most of this "features" could be improved by using a persistent dock - with auto-hiding option -, a taskbar-window list-active windows only view - the lesser evil -, a workspace switcher icon in the Shell panel and integration of the lost "common sense". And there's extensions for all things you've listed here. Again, someone was supposed to take you seriously when your ability to use your web browser is your biggest handicap?? It would have been better for you if I didn't respond.
          Last edited by kaczu; 24 November 2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Cheers is a form of bye is it not? Or at least that's how I took it.

Not a form of goodbye. ...and really? you think saying cheerz actually means goodbye? does clapping one's hands in your mind also mean hello? lol.

Did I not describe my workflow to you already? I did.
            which i have doubts about, just as you had doubts that i am actually running G3.2 . The difference, i actually went the extra mile and proved it. You have done no such thing.

Sorry but when I encounter someone who again is just arguing to argue I really don't put forth much effort. When you started saying really daft things like "I can turn off compositing without restarting" while telling me about the virtues of compiz and Scale (which don't exist when you turn off compositing) much less your 3x3 workspace and Wall which you would need to get to those workspaces in your setup, I knew right then what I was dealing with.
            Dude, you need to read back, We've already been over this. I disable compiz in a few situations, and that does not interrupt my workflow, it only changes it mildly and temporarily. Where as with GS it is very interruptive. ie: this is only used for a couple of applications, and as i said, a single keystroke or gesture is that that is required to switch between compositing or not. Much like how it works in KDE... And again, i am not arguing for the sake of arguing. (stop repeating yourself, and post something relevant to the thread, or don't post at all). You wanted to give me a hard time over various things, you insinuated that i was lying, so guess what - if it is your expectation, that i must back up my claims, then so must you! Why don't you post that 'video' you offered to make early in the thread. how about screenshots of you 16 RDP windows, and all of your other apps, running... if you are going to give me a hardtime about contributing to the gnome ecosystem, than surely you can provide details about all the wonderful things you contribute, right?? If you can have this expectation of me, than surely i can expect the same.

You were making points just to make them (just like "adjusting the speed" increased your productivity--which would be kind of crazy thing to say as the animation times of access to the overlay is a second, are you making up time in the millisecond range?) whether they related to productivity or not.
            As i said before the Overlay is annoying and way too blingy, and not a feature i like to begin with. It is an interruption. And logically, it's pretty obvious that there is a big difference between 1 second and ZERO seconds, isn't there?? As i said before, Activites is a distraction, and not really needed (by me).

Throw in some insults which just reinforced the type of person I was dealing with, and that pretty much told me having a discussion wasn't something you wanted but something else entirely. Sorry this isn't about telling myself anything. This is about knowing when you encounter someone with issues all to their own and not really putting forth much effort once you encounter someone like that. Do you not understand this or do I need to say it in another way?
            Oh, i understand just fine, you have expectations of other people, that you would never expect of yourself. You can assume someone is lying right off the get-go (which AFAIK is insulting), but the moment they decide to dish it out, you recoil and act little a little bitch! I called you on your bullshit, and actually want you to explicitly prove yourself. You have zero credibility at this point. And you are just making excuses... Look at your last bunch of posts, what do you really offer to the thread? (nothing). Juist whining about being called a name or two, and making excuses, as to why you aren't required to prove anything, while expecting others to...

You are a joke.

cheerz (not saying bye, just have a toast to acknowledge your retardation!)

Comment

True enough, but actually i am comparing Gnome 3.2 (without GS, and replacing it with similar tools) vs. Gnome-Shell and it
              s integrated tools. The only comparison i think i made of G2 vs. GS might have been the idea of a modular desktop vs. and integrated one. (i just wanted to clarify that it is a G3.2 vs G3.2 comparison, not G2). It's funny how kaczu doesn't get it at all. lol.

Maybe, i'll go back through and have a look. Not all of the Dev's are like this dude, but yes, there are some more important core components in G3, that could really use some love...

cheerz

Comment

As i said before the Overlay is annoying and way too blingy, and not a feature i like to begin with. It is an interruption. And logically, it's pretty obvious that there is a big difference between 1 second and ZERO seconds, isn't there?? As i said before, Activites is a distraction, and not really needed (by me).
                Zero seconds? Any software you run takes more than zero seconds to execute. As I said, arguing with someone doesn't even understand that would be futile.

Let me guess you'll respond to this with eight paragraphs of BS and wonder why I don't take you seriously. Every single excuse you listed doesn't address productivity, something being "blingy" doesn't have a damn thing to do with productivity. But you knew that. Maybe your Wobbly Windows got in the way, but regardless you wrote it anyway. Like I said, I knew the person I was dealing with a long time ago.

Maybe you need a hug, a goldfish, or dog, to complain to. I don't know but I'm surely not paid to address your performance anxiety.
                Last edited by kaczu; 24 November 2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

T (i just wanted to clarify that it is a G3.2 vs G3.2 comparison, not G2). It's funny how kaczu doesn't get it at all. lol.
                  You're right because those two things are the same.

True enough, but actually i am comparing Gnome 3.2 (without GS, and replacing it with similar tools) vs. Gnome-Shell and it
                  s integrated tools.
                  So you are comparing every tool in apt-get with GS. Hmm I wonder what will have more features? That kind of discussion is ridiculous to have. I see that quite clearly. Yet somehow you don't.
                  Last edited by kaczu; 24 November 2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I did read your comments. Read the comment on the lack of dock and wondered to myself does this person not know how to use apt-get, much less there's extensions for the dock. Plus your comment about tablets was really good since G2 by itself isnt' too good for tablets without many of the customisations that any person with half a brain would implement. I didn't respond to u because just about all of it is easily overcome with rudimentary tools. Let's go through them..
                    1st. Apt-get doesn't exist in archlinux, but i do know how to use it just fine. Very familiar with both debian and Ubuntu. In fact, i am quite familiar with most package managers, including ports/portage/ABS, apt, yum, pacman/PKGBUILDS, etc, etc. Most i also am fully capable of packaging for as well. Again, im not using G2. I am using g3/compiz with my tablet - which is comparable to GS. do you have brain-damage or something?

1. Solution: Install a dock, or install flippery which puts back the global menu, puts a panel on the bottom, or install the dock extension....(So i'm suppose to spend the effort responding to you when Google "gnome extensions" or apt-get install docky, awn... or whatever would easily solve this and is something that people even did with G2. )
                    Flippery sucks, and is not equal to my own solution. and i don't need you to google jackshit. The dock extension is also shotty, in my opinion and not a viable alternative to my current config. I'm very familiar with almost every extension available. Anytime i see/hear about a new one - i install them, and check them out. Secondly, we've been over this - i do not want a bunch of extra tools running, because the integrated one's don't cut it. Unix Philospohy - one tool per job.

2. Solution: I created a launcher EX: gnome-terminal --geometry=240x240 and pair that with the put window extension. Gnome terminals always open in workspace 2 and they are correctly sized for the workspace. How hard was that? Not at all. This is something that I've done for years long before I used compiz.
                    That really doesn't apply to my situation. But ya, for your terminals, good job. and yes, that is a simple way to do that for that use case. That method doesn't work well with VSTs and some of my other apps. not at all.

3. Solution: The "suspend" only option in the User menu... Once again google is your friend. Extension for that and that's been around FOREVER. Almost a year at this point.

4. Don't have a laptop so I can't speak to this, but this is handled by acpid. You could script for this quite easily. There's code for it. Once again google...
                    LOL. when did i make any complaint about not being able to disable suspend? I'm well-aware of this, dude. And i do have a laptop, this has never been a problem for me. This comment is totally pointless.

5. Is a rehash of #3.

This lovely comment "Most of this "features" could be improved by using a persistent dock - with auto-hiding option -, a taskbar-window list-active windows only view - the lesser evil -, a workspace switcher icon in the Shell panel and integration of the lost "common sense". And there's extensions for all things you've listed here. Again, someone was supposed to take you seriously when your ability to use your web browser is your biggest handicap?? It would have been better for you if I didn't respond.
                    5 is not a rehash of 3. you thinking it is, is retarded. 5 discusses 'main-menu' type usage, while 3 is discussing a keylauncher. there is a big difference. that should be extremely obvious. In my experience, the extensions so far, do not work nearly as well.

I can use a web-browser just fine thanks. You have said absolutely nothing insightful here, whatsoever. and can't even see the differences between things that should be plainly obvious.

note: notice how i don't whine little a little bitch, even when you insult me? lol. Instead i don't make excuses, and just reply to your comments.
                    Last edited by ninez; 24 November 2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

You're right because those two things are the same.
                      And yet you've said in the past, that they aren't comparable. get your story straight!

So you are comparing every tool in apt-get with GS. Hmm I wonder what will have more features? That kind of discussion is ridiculous to have. I see that quite clearly. Yet somehow you don't.
                      Not everyone uses Debian or Ubuntu. In fact, you are well aware that i don't use Ubuntu - so why do you keep on bringing up apt-get - do you think my distro uses it or something??? how dumb. And again, stop repeating yourself. 4-5 applications is not pulling in the whole repo.

All i have done, is replaced GS integrated tools, with similar applications and replaced mutter with compiz. They are an equal comparison. You don't see anything clearly, you have only backtracked, over crap that has already been discussed and is /dev/null.

Comment

Working...
                      X