Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E17 Running On Wayland

Phoronix: Enlightenment E17 Running On Wayland

While the GNOME and KDE projects are still working towards making their desktops run on the Wayland Display Server rather than an X.Org Server, the Enlightenment project is also working towards bringing E17 window manager and libraries to Wayland. In fact, they have the first visible signs of success!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

its just a red rectangle dude.

this isn't E17 running btw, that evas demo is just the red rectangle shape.

another winning phoronix article, @michaellarabel, you just keep digging getting shittier at journalism even for a click through merchant.

/me cant wait until it hits /.

Comment

airlied: +1

Comment

Quick question: wayland has any advantage in terms of performance over xorg?

Comment

Last I heard, there's nothing going on with E17 and Wayland more than some simple playing around - which does not mean that it's being planned proper for EFL or E17.
          In other E17 news, several components just had a "release" update. I use quotes because I normally pull from svn due to the constant changes in everything.

Comment

isn't evas the backbone on which every E17/EFL lib or component is built upon???

it seem like quite a step if the above is true

@airlied: -1 mate

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              isn't evas the backbone on which every E17/EFL lib or component is built upon???

it seem like quite a step if the above is true

@airlied: -1 mate

its a red rectangle. wow.

reading the article you think gtk/qt were months behind when they've already been shown to render widgets and dialogs box and apps.

e17 this isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

Dave.

Comment

e17 and efl libs even thought a different thing are somehow perceived to be the "same" (ie there was a misconception when efl 1.0 was released)

yes the title is a stretch but thats Michaels style and you know it

Comment

OK, I'm going to show my internet BM by hijacking this thread:

What actual advantages will wayland bring over Xorg for developers (in general) and for users. I've heard lots of fantastic things (aka Wayland will allow hot gpu switching) but no one has really pointed out what Wayland will change.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Dwarf View Post
                    OK, I'm going to show my internet BM by hijacking this thread:

What actual advantages will wayland bring over Xorg for developers (in general) and for users. I've heard lots of fantastic things (aka Wayland will allow hot gpu switching) but no one has really pointed out what Wayland will change.

David
                    There's this awesome site called Google. It allows you to enter search terms and most of the time you actually get meaningful stuff back! You should try it some time.

Comment

Working...
                    X