Lenovo ThinkPad T60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael,

Please do me a favour and also cover Xubuntu 7.10 on your laptop. This is what I use in work and in the other thread, I indicate I'm looking for a potential laptop to use. So I'd want to see how it turns out with yours.

Regards.

Comment

I have t60p with gentoo

on t60p, it's basically smooth. The worst thing is of course the ATI video card, it's just hopeless. I know well that AMD (and phoronix) experts may tell me how promising AMD's new codebase driver and the open specifications are.

another minor problem is the ipw3945 wifi card. of course, intel has the old ipw3945 driver and the new (now in kernel 2.6.24) iwlwifi driver. Both work for me, but ipw3945 has the high cpu usage (when ipw3945 unloads), while my iwl3945 disconnects once a while. It works, but not perfectly, I would say.

other things just work out of box. audio( with built-in mic), wired e1000 nic card, bluetooth, software suspending. Head parking for hard drive protection.

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
      Michael,

Please do me a favour and also cover Xubuntu 7.10 on your laptop. This is what I use in work and in the other thread, I indicate I'm looking for a potential laptop to use. So I'd want to see how it turns out with yours.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
      X