Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Voxatron Bundle Stops Short Of A Million

Phoronix: Humble Voxatron Bundle Stops Short Of A Million

The latest Humble Indie Bundle, which started as just the Voxatron game and was since expanded to include other titles, has now ended. This latest DRM-free pay-what-you-want offering of indie games has this time failed to pull in more than one million dollars. There's also information on a new game bundle site as well as the Overgrowth Linux port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    Indie Royale Bundle is not pay-what-you-want and its not a linux bundle.

only some games run on linux.
    or DRM free for charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      its not a linux bundle.

only some games run on linux.
      Let me quote myself from the other thread.

IMHO these new bundles might actually have a negative impact for Linux gamers.
      I guess the majority of Indie developers rather decide to go for
      "Indie Royal Whatever Bundles" if they're not required to provide Linux versions.
      Even with Linux users willing to pay more than Windows users, at least for the
      Humble Bundles so far, bear in mind the total share of the generated money
      is rather low compared to the Windows and Mac sales.
      So unless an indie developer is a Linux enthusiast, where I fail to see a general
      correlation, I wouldn't be suprised if we see less indie developers to opt for the
      Humble Bundle "way".

Comment

Misleading Article

I personally dislike the new trend of one game bundles, even though I have liked both the single games in these bundles. That said I have been really pleased the way this bundle turned out. I like the puzzle games. I like the platformer. I like the binding of Isaac. none of which I would have ever chosen to buy. If this had of included Super Meat Boy; Binding or Isaac converted from Flash; Smaller games Open Sourced it could have been a truly great bundle.

Comment

I expect each bundle to sell for less than those before if they continue to just include still-in-production games. I'm mostly buying them to show support for linux gaming, so I have little interest in the Indie Royale bundles if they don't provide linux binaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorael View Post
            I expect each bundle to sell for less than those before if they continue to just include still-in-production games. I'm mostly buying them to show support for linux gaming, so I have little interest in the Indie Royale bundles if they don't provide linux binaries.
            I second that. The only reason I have bought all the bundles is because there are linux versions AND no copy protection. This will assure me that when I am on linux I will have lots of good games to play without any hassle.

I don't see the point of a Indie Royale bundle. Linux support broad in over 110 thousand dollar. Mac did about the same. So how expensive is it to make sure a game works on linux/mac? It can't be more than 110 thousand dollar right?
            Last edited by Ferdinand; 15 November 2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
              I second that. The only reason I have bought all the bundles is because there are linux versions AND no copy protection. This will assure me that when I am on linux I will have lots of good games to play without any hassle.

I don't see the point of a Indie Royale bundle. Linux support broad in over 110 thousand dollar. Mac did about the same. So how expensive is it to make sure a game works on linux/mac? It can't be more than 110 thousand dollar right?
              if they use crossplatform or even open source technology (opengl, sdl, some engines, etc.) it doesnt have to cost almost anything.

most indies are using those (or at least take time to research it) nowadays thanks to the HB.

and even cool, modern 3d games can now use unigine.

and of course in "schools / university" they only show you how to dev for windows and stuff.. so some indies dont know anything else.

so is more "lack of info or time" than anything else (like all things in life..)

Comment

loving how overgrowth is turning out, will be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  loving how overgrowth is turning out, will be amazing!
                  /me upon hearing about this = "YAY a hand to hand combat game!!!"

/me upon seeing it = "wtf... rabbit people... damn furries invading my Linux gaming..."

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                    /me upon hearing about this = "YAY a hand to hand combat game!!!"

/me upon seeing it = "wtf... rabbit people... damn furries invading my Linux gaming..."

God damn it, not the furries jokes again. Can't people take a game featuring animals beating the crap out of each other seriously please?

That said, the original Lugaru was quite the game, and Overgrowth can only expand upon that.

Comment

Working...
                    X