Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org, Wayland, Open Gaming At FOSDEM 2012

Phoronix: X.Org, Wayland, Open Gaming At FOSDEM 2012

The Free and Open-source software Developer's European Meeting (FOSDEM) is quickly approaching. The developer tracks/rooms for this huge open-source event have been announced...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael is there any agency or something like that, that could arrange arrival and accommodation for foreign people who are first comers to FOSDEM?

Comment

i am betting that Michael will be so drunk from all the excelent beer in belgium that there will be no coverage of the event on phoronix.

Start with the Trapist first and then move to everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        i am betting that Michael will be so drunk from all the excelent beer in belgium that there will be no coverage of the event on phoronix.

Start with the Trapist first and then move to everything else.
        I've been to Belgium several times already... And I can easily get Belgian beers in America... But Bavarian beers are still my favorite and haven't found any nice Belgian ones that comply with the Reinheitsgebot. In terms of Belgian beers, my favorite are the Chimay beers, Trappist, Pauwel Kwak, and some others whose names escape my mind since I rarely drink them -- would need to go through my beer photo album.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          why not upload your beer photo album to the Internet? then maybe you get better suggestions.
          Right now it's private on Facebook, but will be available when I launch http://www.obatzda.com/ So far it records like 400 different kinds of beer I've tried, at least as far back as I've bothered taking photos of each kind to keep track (like two years or so).
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I've been to Belgium several times already... And I can easily get Belgian beers in America... But Bavarian beers are still my favorite and haven't found any nice Belgian ones that comply with the Reinheitsgebot. In terms of Belgian beers, my favorite are the Chimay beers, Trappist, Pauwel Kwak, and some others whose names escape my mind since I rarely drink them -- would need to go through my beer photo album.
            Belgian Beer > German Beer

undeniable fact

+ they have good chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              cool many people need a guideline in alcoholism

no this is not a joke because some people drink bad stuff with methanol and die....

here for example 3 Germans die back in 2009 http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justi...795222,00.html

That was adulterated vodka.

Seriously it's nearly impossible to make a primary fermentation product that can kill you. Bear, wine, cider, mead, and perry are almost always safe. The worst you would expect to see was that it turned to vinegar or had a bit of white mold (harmless). Botulism while possible is rare because of the initial oxygenation or the wort, the long boil, and the subsequent alcohol content.

Comment

Errr, 89c51, I think you meant:

Bavarian Beer > Most other German Beer > Belgian Beer > low-quality German Beer as in Becks and other shit > Many other European Countries > American Beer

undeniable fact

+ wonderful Bavarian food + wonderful Bavarian women + wonderful festivals etc etc
                Michael Larabel

Comment

... I suddenly have a strong urge to go buy something fermented to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Errr, 89c51, I think you meant:

You best be joking, Maybe a pub crawl through Wisconsin? Grab a growler and stagger on out the door. since this is just scratching the surface of all the breweries we've got. We only sell Miller and Schlitz to the tards at the baseball games that are too dumb to sneak in a flask of some Maple Rum http://www.greatlakesdistillery.com/ or White Whiskey http://deathsdoorspirits.com/ and the "Miller Lowlife's", since There are several great breweries in Milwaukee.
                    Shop at the New Glarus Brewing Company online giftshop

Shop Root Beer, Craft Soda, brewery tours, and more! Sprecher Fire-Brewed Craft Root Beer ranked #1 in America by the New York Times. Free shipping available.

Since 1987, Lakefront Brewery has brewed Milwaukee's best beers, including Riverwest Stein, New Grist, and countless other innovative and imaginative craft brews.

Located just outside of Madison, Capital Brewery has a tradition of making fine German style craft beer. Each beer will leave you wanting more.

Welcome to Stevens Point Brewery. Learn more about our lines of beers and gourmet sodas. Come get a tour of our brewery and shop our online store.

The home page for the Craft Beer Brewery, O'so Brewing.

Tour Calgary, Alberta Minhas Micro Brewery & Pizza Brew restaurant, as well as Wisconsin Craft Brewery & Minhas distillery. Minhas breweries & distillery

hornygoatbrewco.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hornygoatbrewco.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Brewed and bottled in Madison. Fermented in sanity.

Valkyrie, Beer, Brewing, berserk, golden meadow, 4 bitten fruit, valkyrie brewery, microbrewery, microbrew, craft beer, Rubee, Ale, Lager, Contract, beer party, Homebrew, Sales, Viking, tankard, beer drinking, Okotberfest, Rubee, Big Swede, War Hammer, Night Wolf, Invader, Golden Horn, Dragon Blade, Velvet Green, Crimson Wonder, Whispering Embers, Winter Hearth, Abby Normal, Lime Twist, Hot Chocolate, Polka, Beer, Brewing, Mjod, Ale, Lager, cannon, keg-a-pult, viking ship, mural, taproom, tap beer, pint, pint glass, dallas oktoberfest, kubb, kubb tournament, lefse, car show, 4 Bitten Fruit, Contract, Homebrew, Sales, Drink, keg-a-pult, microbrewery, microbeer, craftbeer, beverage, tap beer, kegs, bottles, beer labels, Wisconsin, good beer, small batch, local, sustainability, support local business, slow foods, beer and food pairings, Contract, Homebrew, taste, flavor, hearty, skol, cheers, foam, taproom, tours, samples

Visit one of the best breweries in Milwaukee! Craft beers, snacks, events, and dog friendly - part of the Riverwest neighborhood of Milwaukee Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                    X