Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to pts/disk with 2 different hdd' in the system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pts/disk with 2 different hdd' in the system.

I'm running the phoronix test suite and I'm using the command phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk.
    The program runs fine but I have an SSD as the primary drive and an WD3tb as a secondary.
    I need to run the tests on both hard drives in this system and show the different results for each drive. Is that possible? Is there a command after I run the test to tell which drive to test?

Originally posted by plenahan View Post
    I'm running the phoronix test suite and I'm using the command phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk.
    The program runs fine but I have an SSD as the primary drive and an WD3tb as a secondary.
    I need to run the tests on both hard drives in this system and show the different results for each drive. Is that possible? Is there a command after I run the test to tell which drive to test?
    See the documentation but from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml you can adjust the test installation directory to reflect a different mount point (the other drive).
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Testing 2 different mount points with PTS/Disk

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      See the documentation but from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml you can adjust the test installation directory to reflect a different mount point (the other drive).
      The user-config.xml doesn't tell me much about the path. I did find the user-config-defaults that was helpful. The cachedirectory has all the tests listed. I've copied that directory to /Export/cachedirectory and changed the path in the xml file. Is that all is needed or do I need to change the environmental path as well to the new mount point and run the tests?

regards

Pat

Comment

The user-config.xml doesn't tell me much about the path. I did find the user-config-defaults that was helpful. The cachedirectory has all the tests listed. I've copied that directory to /Export/cachedirectory and changed the path in the xml file. Is that all is needed or do I need to change the environmental path as well to the new mount point and run the tests?

regards

Pat
        If you open the XML file in your web browser it should load the XSL that explains things. It's just the Environment directory XML tag you should have to point at the new location.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          If you open the XML file in your web browser it should load the XSL that explains things. It's just the Environment directory XML tag you should have to point at the new location.
          I think it work I have the <environmentDirectory>/Export/installed-tests/</EnvironmentDirectory> set to the export mount.
          and <cacheDirectory>/Export/CacheDirectory/</CacheDirectory>

Is there a debug report just to verify that it's actually running the tests on that mount point?
          Thanks for your help and I do love the quick responses. I have not seen sites like this respond quickly.

Comment

I think it work I have the <environmentDirectory>/Export/installed-tests/</EnvironmentDirectory> set to the export mount.
            and <cacheDirectory>/Export/CacheDirectory/</CacheDirectory>

Is there a debug report just to verify that it's actually running the tests on that mount point?
            Thanks for your help and I do love the quick responses. I have not seen sites like this respond quickly.
            debug-run command (as cited in documentation) or just look into that directory when installing tests.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
            X