Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel GMA500 "Poulsbo" To Move Out Of Staging

Phoronix: Intel GMA500 "Poulsbo" To Move Out Of Staging

The open-source Intel GMA500 driver for supporting Intel Poulsbo, Oaktrail, Cedarview, and Medfield hardware will be moving out of staging...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will these drivers also work with the related PowerVR SGX530 from ImgTec? The chip is used on TI OMAPs like the BeagleBoard.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

still waiting for integration with DRM layer?

From the patch announcement:

These are not yet plumbed into the DRM layer so will have no effect on their own

Comment

Glad to hear that, the progress is indeed rapid. I'm already using psb-gfx on my tablet PC, since it's essentially the only way to get the X server working there to begin with. Unfortunately, so far I can't get the native resolution or any kind of power management options for the screen, but those issues are reported to be fixed or at least improved in the later versions of the driver than what's included in the kernel that I'm using right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Glad to hear that, the progress is indeed rapid. I'm already using psb-gfx on my tablet PC, since it's essentially the only way to get the X server working there to begin with. Unfortunately, so far I can't get the native resolution or any kind of power management options for the screen, but those issues are reported to be fixed or at least improved in the later versions of the driver than what's included in the kernel that I'm using right now.
          What is the model of your Tablet? I'm looking to buy more psb_gfx hardware but they're hard to find here in Sweden.

Originally posted by Adarion
          Will these drivers also work with the related PowerVR SGX530 from ImgTec? The chip is used on TI OMAPs like the BeagleBoard.
          Nope. The driver is only for Intel hardware with PowerVR.

Comment

I'm using a Toshiba Stylistic Q550, although I did have to get it sent here from overseas.

Comment

Working...
            X