AMD Catalyst 11.10 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my experience with Catalyst 10.10 and gnome shell:
    With vertical refresh turned off in Catalyst Control Center and without the tearfree option it is on the first glance almost not bad. But context menu and popup messages are still tilted and almost unreadable

my system: Fedora 15, Gnome 3.0, Radeon HD 3200

Comment

Posted my problems here: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...212#post237212

Using Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit with 2.6.38 kernel. Resuming from suspend results in blank screen. Also, general 2D slowness.

Comment

For those having problems in Arch Linux, there is an xorg110 repository that is available if you look through the wiki. It's quite convenient and will go out of use the moment it's no longer needed.

Comment

What is the typical release cycle for the driver in relation to getting up to speed with Fedora? I had issues with NVidia card hardware and have had much better fortune with ATI. I have returned to Fedora from a long run with Ubuntu, but just not digging Ubuntu's new direction. The Open Source drivers for ATI seem to love putting the fan on full speed and leaving it there.

Comment

Catalyst 11.11 is out within the next two hours, not quite sure as I use Ubuntu but I think it might bring support for the new Fedorar release.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              Catalyst 11.11 is out within the next two hours, not quite sure as I use Ubuntu but I think it might bring support for the new Fedorar release.
              Err, interesting statement. Who says when AMD will release?

As of now, 11.10 is still the officially latest driver.

Comment

Originally posted by nazgul77 View Post
                Err, interesting statement. Who says when AMD will release?

As of now, 11.10 is still the officially latest driver.
                Actually, as of now, the latest official release is a broken download link for 11.11.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
                  Actually, as of now, the latest official release is a broken download link for 11.11.
                  You are right, you need to go to their north American website to go to that link.
                  I guess we are really just hours away from a new release. Lets hop kernel 3.1 and Xorg 1.11 are supported.

Comment

@d2kx, thanks, I'll take a look at the release notes when it is done getting setup on the download page.

Where are the beta drivers, in case it isn't? Or do you have that info? I used to have the repo for them when I was driving ubuntu, but I apparently misplaced that information.

Comment

Working...
                    X