AMD Catalyst 11.10 is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I am running a HD5850 card on a kubuntu 11.10 64bits OS.

After installing the catalyst drivers (11.9 or 11.10) I can no more log in. Actually, after installation & reboot, I reach the login screen and if I fill the user/password and press return, I see quickly a black screen and then go back to the login screen.

Notice that juste after installation, I get the following message if I try a :
    Code:
    $sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    aticonfig: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Even :
    Code:
    $amdcccle: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Any idea to fix that ? Thanks !

Comment

Hi,

After installing the catalyst drivers (11.9 or 11.10) I can no more log in. Actually, after installation & reboot, I reach the login screen and if I fill the user/password and press return, I see quickly a black screen and then go back to the login screen.

Code:
      aticonfig: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      Even :
      Code:
      $amdcccle: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      But :
      Code:
      $ locate libGL.so.1
      /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1
      /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2
      /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1
      /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2
      /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so.1
      /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so.1.2
      /usr/lib64/FGL.renamed.libGL.so.1.2
      /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1
      /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.2

Comment

at least

ldconfig

is missing. of course:

update-alternatives --config gl_conf

should point to correct files. do never use the installer without deb packages...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          When it is not found you should call "depmod". But that seems to be a bug in your dkms package.
          depmod doesn't work, and its the same dkms package that i used to install the last catalyst releases, which installed fine......

I noticed that their doesn't seem to be a gl_conf entry for update-alternatives. When I run "update-alternatives --get-selections | grep gl_conf" I get this:

i386-linux-gnu_gl_conf auto /usr/lib/fglrx/alt_ld.so.conf
          x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf auto /usr/lib/fglrx/ld.so.conf

could this be my problem? or in ubuntu 11.10 has this changed?
          also if I were to add it back would this be the right command (I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the update-alternatives system)?
          "sudo update-alternatives --install gl_conf /usr/lib/fglrx/ld.so.conf 500"

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
            It's not broken, you need the build environment.
            If you pay attention to the warnings, it's kind of obvious what all you need.
            dh-modealiases, dkms, debhelper, build-essential, execstack, and dpkg-dev should be everything you need (or depend on everything anyway)
            Installing from the script is a great way to get a broken system when it doesn't rebuild itself for X or kernel updates, and plows over your Mesa system files.
            There is no any warnings while build. I have proper build environment that work fine with Catalyst 11.1-11.9.

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            Reading documentation is often helpful too http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...TI.27s_site.29
            I know about this documentation. I even translate installation part of documentation for Russian Ubuntu Wiki.

Since chronniff have same problem with kernel module loading, there is really something doesn't right with deb-packages build script in latest fglrx.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
              There is no any warnings while build. I have proper build environment that work fine with Catalyst 11.1-11.9.

I know about this documentation. I even translate installation part of documentation for Russian Ubuntu Wiki.

Since chronniff have same problem with kernel module loading, there is really something doesn't right with deb-packages build script in latest fglrx.
              have u tried loading it with "insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/dkms/fglrx.ko" and restarting X?

it's not a great solution, I'm just curious as to whether we do have the same problem, because I agree if its not just happening on my system then something could be wrong with the build scripts, and u would be second person to confirm this issue besides myself

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                sudo rm -R /etc/ati
                sudo rm -R /usr/lib/fglrx
                sudo rm -R /usr/share/ati

then install from run file.

i never generated deb files because they allways broke my system.
                worked fine for me like that. but i dont have ati card anymore.
                Thats it is what i did and it fully broke the system. Deb files installed fine but it, but from installer broke the system. I installed 32 bit 11.10 and cat 11.10 generated buildpkg debs and it work. Only what is missing is xxx-uninstall.sh script.
                Last edited by Margus; 03 November 2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

When you install deb packages you dont get an uninstall script.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    When you install deb packages you dont get an uninstall script.
                    It is good or bad

it is safe remove here is anyone tested it maybe safe then rm or purge

Comment

Originally posted by AozRoon View Post
                      Hi,

Code:
                      Even :
                      Code:
                      Have you installed all the necessary packages? Especially the 32 bit ones?
                      http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...fore_you_start

Comment

Working...
                      X