No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 11.10 is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Rage forced amd to work on their opengl driver part which is shared between the win and linux...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Maybe Rage forced amd to work on their opengl driver part which is shared between the win and linux...
      Originally posted by Qaridarium
      yes ... Rage is good for linux even it is not a linux game... OpenGL game means linux in the end of the day-..
      Hey, that's exactly what I was about to say.
      I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Installed it on Unity: sluggish compiz animations...

Comment

Originally posted by bel3atar View Post
          Installed it on Unity: sluggish compiz animations...
          Disable sync to Vblank until this bug is fixed in an upcoming Compiz update.

Comment

Working very well here on Oneiric 64 using unity. No problems with the extra compiz animations I run, Quite snappy. I had to ditch 11.9 after about five minutes. I think 11.10 is a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by alphacrucis2 View Post
              Working very well here on Oneiric 64 using unity. No problems with the extra compiz animations I run, Quite snappy. I had to ditch 11.9 after about five minutes. I think 11.10 is a keeper.
              how did u install? I am running Oneiric 64 with unity, and when I install I only get the fallback graphics mode

Comment

I will have to test them more, though right off the bat: has anyone else gotten the impression 2D is extremely smooth out-of-the-box? I mean, close to no tearing, fast redraw, without even activating Tear-Free.

Comment

Originally posted by chronniff View Post
                  how did u install? I am running Oneiric 64 with unity, and when I install I only get the fallback graphics mode
                  run the installer with --buildpkg option to generate debs. Then install using dpkg.

Code:
                  sudo sh ati-driver-installer-11-10-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/oneiric

Comment

Originally posted by alphacrucis2 View Post
                    run the installer with --buildpkg option to generate debs. Then install using dpkg.

Code:
                    sudo sh ati-driver-installer-11-10-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/oneiric
                    I really don't get what's going on with my system. I tried the same exact way. this is what Xorg.0.log gives me as the error

(EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
                    [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): ************************************************** *********
                    [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed *
                    [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): * kernel module (fglrx.ko) may be missing or incompatible *
                    [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): * 2D and 3D acceleration disabled *
                    [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): ************************************************** *********

Comment

Originally posted by chronniff View Post
                      I really don't get what's going on with my system. I tried the same exact way. this is what Xorg.0.log gives me as the error

(EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
                      [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed *
                      [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): * kernel module (fglrx.ko) may be missing or incompatible *
                      [ 22.693] (WW) fglrx(0): * 2D and 3D acceleration disabled *
                      I don't know what has caused this problem but I always purge the old fglrx before running the --buildpkg and always run sudo aticonfig --initial after install of the debs but before rebooting.

Code:
                      sudo apt-get --purge remove fglrx*

Don't know if these steps are really necessary but I carry on with it out of superstition and it seems to work for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X