No announcement yet.

Farewell To The Classic R300/R600 Mesa Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would anyone be fucked? If he has any issues with KMS on R200+AGP+PowerPC, he won't upgrade to Mesa 7.12. Plain and simple.

Besides, Mesa 7.12 will be able to load 7.11 drivers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
      I am glad. F*ck solaris, f*ck bsd! These are server OS, so they doesn't need 3D drivers at all. If one wants free open-source unix like desktop OS, the choice is simple -> Linux.
      I for one would be sad if those alternatives went away. I am a happy Arch Linux user but I think that it is important that there are other independent alternatives (I am personally playing with Plan9 but I am still far from being able to use this as a primary OS), like the *BSDs and the solaris-derived (now illumos-derrived) distros.

What I would like to see is actually *more* diversity on the Linux side - we already have the "kFreeBSD" variants of Debian and Gentoo, and the nexenta illumos/debian hybrid. As far as I am aware, there are no non-GNU Linux OSes (BSD or Solaris-derived userland) out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        i read about cpu emulation for the x1250ati and this card is not a full r300... in the same way they can support r200 to.
        Not really. CPU emulation of vertex shader hardware (as required by x1250) is pretty do-able with decent performance if you use the LLVM paths. CPU emulation of DX9 pixel shader hardware (the main difference between r2xx and r3xx) is a lot harder.
        Test signature

Comment

Working...
        X