Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 945GM and Gallium question

Hello everybody,

I wan't to try the Gallium3D driver for the Intel chipset, to conduct some benchmark testing.
    I already installed the libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental drivers from the xorg-edgers-ppa.
    Next I read that you need to conduct the command: LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/dri-alternates glxgears -info to force the computer to use the gallium3d driver.
    But I also found out that the folder dri-alternates is not located in the /usr/lib folder anymore, but in the folder /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates.
    Is it possible to just change the path of the command above to it's new location, or does it require another command to be executed to use the Gallium3D driver?
    Last but not least, I'm currently running Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric with xorg-edgers updated to the latest packages.

Greetings Psycho Game

Here I am again. By experimenting and trying to solve this question with some logic thinking I managed to accomplish my problem.
    What I did was find out where the original i915 driver was. This was located in the folder /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri. What I did next was making a backup of the original file i915_dri.so. Next I copied the file i915_dri.so from the folder /usr/bin/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates to the folder /usr/bin/i386-linux-gnu/dri. When you execute the command glxgears -info you'll see that the driver has changed to Gallium 0.4.
    Hopefully some other people are also willing to execute a benchmark with their original and the Gallium3D driver, so we can compare the performance on different systems.

Greetings
    Psycho Game

Comment

Tomorrow I will be benchmarking my Xubuntu system with phoronix-test-suite.
      Does anyone have interest in a particular test or test-suite to be executed on the system.
      At this moment I'm thinking of performing the mesa test suite.
      If anyone is interested in a particular test, please let me know in a reply.
      When everything is finished, I will post the results on openbenchmarking.org and post a link to my results in this thread.

Greetings

Psycho Game.

Comment

Working...
      X