Adobe Flash 11.2 Beta Brings New Linux Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mesa git, hd 6550, flash 11.2 beta.
    Without "OverrideGPUValidation=1": Very bad performance, sound stuttering.
    With "OverrideGPUValidation=1": Crashes all the time when seeking or changing the video quality on youtube but has "accelerated decoding" on youtube!?

flash 11.0: Seeking often doesn't work at all, download status in the progress bar on youtube doesn't work either as well as the donwload statistics on youtube.

So far: flash series 11 is even worse than 10.

Comment

I must be lucky...

On my HP DM1z, I can now watch videos in fullscreen smoothly.

On my aging dual-opteron rig, nvidia video acceleration still works.

Comment

Does the 11.2 beta has watermark on bottom right corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
          Does the 11.2 beta has watermark on bottom right corner?
          I've only noticed it on youtube, I'm not sure if its something like a watermark or just a graphical glitch (I just see some white lines on the bottom right corner of the youtube player)

Comment

So we have another "Hi there" from Adobe for Linux users. When I write "we" I really mean all that unfortunate people around that have to use crappy Adobe flash player software when browsing the web from the *nix-based OS of out choice.

Here is a bug report in official Adobe bug tracker about Adobe Flash behavior under Linux with regards to HW video scaling: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?...bug&id=3002806

They had closed is today as a "DUPLICATE". Needless to say that it had not only been wrongly marked as duplicate, but also the bug it had been marked as being duplicate of (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?...bug&id=2992148) was also wrongly closed as "NotABug". Here we are, people, that is the real Adobe linux support policy. Don't be fooled by what they write in the release announcements and what Michael re-prints in the news. People at Adobe are incapable of writing non-windows software (actually most of their Windows software also sucks - progs from Master Collection are slow as hell and looks more like a monstrous instead of a software one wish to work with; Adobe Player on Windows is also a misbehaving piece of shit in some circumstances), and don't wont to bother theirselves learning how to program for GLX/Linux/e.t.c..

Comment

Btw, while announced by Adobe, this whole Stage3D stuff doesn't use OpenGL on Linux at all... Software renderer only for now!

Comment

Kind of makes you wish there never had been flash plugin for linux at all, or one of the same quality as the fglrx ati driver. It would have sucked being on linux without youtube, etc, but then at least maybe google would have forced through some alternative for video playback compatible with linux, not just danced around it with some in-progress trial (html5).
                Last edited by xyzone; 01 January 2012, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moony View Post
                  Btw, while announced by Adobe, this whole Stage3D stuff doesn't use OpenGL on Linux at all... Software renderer only for now!
                  Are you sure it doesn't even use VDPAU (to accelerate Stage3D) on hosts with proprietary nvidia drivers?

Comment

Using an unpatched flash plugin and this global override:
                    Code:
                    mkdir -p /etc/adobe
                    echo EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1 > /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
                    You get accellerated decode AND rendering with 11.2. With 11.0/1 you only get accellerated decode. There are definitely systems where this vdpau support is unstable, most likely with older xservers but could not identify the problem 100%. if you have got good eyes you see at the bottom of 1080p youtube videos some wrongl rendered lines with accellerated decode. that is on with flash 11.1 on win as well without watermark. So rendering problems are not system specific, when you disable acc. rendering (usually you can only disable both on win) for linux just use 11.1 then those artefacts disappear.

Comment

Using EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode with flashplayer 11.2.202.160, nvidia proprietary 290.10, I don't get HW rendering, but only 3Dmode: Software (Direct blitting).
                      Furthermore, watching youtube videos, i get wrong colors (blue and red colors swapped). Video working fine with previous flash versions.

Do you really get hw accelerated State3d rendering? As I wrote in another thread, Adobe seems to have HW rendering disabled for Linux:
                      > This is not a bug. We disabled GPU acceleration with StageVideo and Stage3D on Linux because of drivers issues on the Linux platform.

Comment

Working...
                      X