I think your post is totally "illegal".
    I actually like his post and agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
      I think your post is totally stupid.

fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
        if Linux wouldn't be useful in business, it wouldn't be used in business, right ? there is almost no business on the planet which is not using Linux in some manner, directly or indirectly. and there is better fucking be an organization that would speak with major businesses on behalf of Linux community.
        Who's speaking with major businesses on behalf of Linux community? The Linux Foundation? Hahaha . The Linux Foundation is there to look after the interests of the Linux Foundation members, i.e., any big corporation that brings in a large sum of money. Like I said "He who pays the piper, calls the tune"

and concerning "many of whom use Linux as part of their proprietary, and encrypted, firmware", the problem with that is that there is no fucking one providing complete, 100% free/libre or even 100% open-source firmwares. so what they supposed to do, fart out a bunch of kind samaritans out of their asses ?
        The problem is the Linux Foundation and Linus Torvalds, the head honcho of Linux who's employed by the Linux Foundation. Opposes GPLv3 and thinks Tivoization is a good thing. The guy doesn't give a rat's ass about freedom, and is just a corporate shill. If you value freedom then you must get the Linus out of Linux first.

and you are even bigger idiot for suggesting that being a fucking luddite in 21st century, century of tech and information, is a viable option.
        no, it's not that simple, it's called "not doing a jack shit and living in a forest hut like a moron". and forking entire kernel single-handedly because you don't like how biggest technological conglomerates handle it so you could compete with them is pointless, moronic and impossible.
        there is not much previous idiot could do other than buying/recommending the least proprietary stuff or becoming the head of some international firm but it still beats doing jack shit.
        Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          The problem is the Linux Foundation and Linus Torvalds, the head honcho of Linux who's employed by the Linux Foundation. Opposes GPLv3 and thinks Tivoization is a good thing. The guy doesn't give a rat's ass about freedom, and is just a corporate shill. If you value freedom then you must get the Linus out of Linux first.
          as i said before if you feel that a product restricts you fredom DONT FUCKIN BUY IT and let them go under

its something freetards and morons don't seem to understand

Comment

@AnonymousCoward: Your stupidity amazes me. Linux Foundation cordinates and promotes the developement of Linux kernel. It's in behaf of everyone's intrest that the companies that make the hardwate that Linux is supposed to run on take part in the developement of the kernel itself . To make this possible we need a channel where the developers can communicate with each other and that's why we have Linux Foundation. It doesn't matter where the code comes from as long as it's free and open source. The code made by company employee isn't any less free than code made by hobbyist as long as it comes with the same licence. I really like to know how company involvement with Linux Foundation has made Linux any less free when in reality it has brought us free drivers for hardware that used to have only propietary blobs or no drivers at all. Linux being used in propietary systems is better than Linux not being used at all because it engourages the developement of Linux kernel that also make completely free systems possible. Purposely making it difficult for companies to contribute would be downright idiotic and I don't see why the "Linux community" would want Linux to fall into ruin.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
              I thought they already did this?
              2.6.32.46 and 2.6.27.59 are the two "LTS" kernels.
              Yes, and they went very well, so this formalizes the process to take the guessing work out of when the next LTS kernel will be. This is just The Linux Foundation agreeing that the current LTS process is a good one for those distros (and companies) interested in such things.

So basically, nothing to see here, move along.

BTW, if you don't like the Linux Foundation's influence, get working on Hurd, BSD, or something else. Big, bold letters aren't accomplishing anything, and the people who have to "shout" the loudest usually have the least to actually say...

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                I don't like the Linux Foundation. For me the Linux Foundation is not much different than Microsoft or Apple. Well, at least Microsoft an Apple don't lie about their objectives. There is an old saying: "He who pays the piper, calls the tune."

The Linux Foundation, and thus Linus, are not as independent as they claim but they primarily cater to the interests of their corporate sponsors. Many of them use Linux as part of their proprietary, and encrypted, firmware. They are harmful to the freedom of the end-user.
                Sure they cater to their corporate supporters, however the thing is, it doesn't matter and is in most ways helpful. The more stuff they add in because it benefits them in some way, the more stuff F/LOSS advocates have to play around with. If you don't want a locked boot-loader, don't buy devices with permenantly locked bootloaders.

Comment

Originally posted by WorBlux View Post
                  Sure they cater to their corporate supporters, however the thing is, it doesn't matter and is in most ways helpful. The more stuff they add in because it benefits them in some way, the more stuff F/LOSS advocates have to play around with. If you don't want a locked boot-loader, don't buy devices with permenantly locked bootloaders.
                  Name a device without a locked bootloader.
                  Oh I know the PC.
                  UEFI.
                  Name a device without a locked bootloader.
                  chirp chirp chirp chirp.

It's not illegal to jailbreak them. So you have the right to waste your time and energy jailbreaking and if you're too stupid to figure it out then that's just tough.

Look it's simple. If you do anything in the world you are going to create enemies and people that simply do not trust you and will not buy any shit you put out. To control the world you have to give people options that are not options.
                  So your options are microsoft, equally horrible apple or you can pretend to be outside the zone of shit you hate with linux which is made by the same people with a few "trustworthy" types thrown in as cover.

What did fedora do at end of life on 13? They just fucked networkmanager and wifi to high heavens. The kept it fucked allllll through 14 and most of 15 from what I hear. A patch just went up yesterday that is supposed to fix it. I still haven't tried it because when you try to update you are stuck with manually configuring it and it still has problems or you can just use networkmanager and keep bringing it down and restarting it to get any throughput. A 20mb patch will sit there for 100 sessions of staring at you blankly and trying other mirrors.

I would rather pay some chinese guy for a mips chip and learn fucking mandarin that put my trust in linux. Because it's just apple OS with the same tools that they want and here's a dirty old sock as a gift.

For 2 years linux has massively focused on networkmanager, empowering and improving python to be the most flexible and powerful spyware tool ever and tying python into the operating so much that there's no possible way you could ever get it off the system. If you are trying to run a business that competes with the business's outside of the circle of 'trust' you will have absolutely no security. They will be able to walk right into your door like your a goddamn hotel room and they got flashlights and it's watergate.

And don't think that people haven't noticed that fedora or ubuntu tries very hard to not give you the latest open source graphics without first forcing the string of crap kernels that have been put out and 7 updates to python.
                  I uninstalled dejavu and all the software that it uses just yesterday because I see fedora passing my system off to some fucking jerkwad somewhere who enjoys being able to clone my system entirely with just a few megabytes every couple days.

I do not know what happened to me but every since fedora switched project leaders a while back and it started going to crap my ass just itches with pissed off.

And my last session of messing with it I finally get ipv6 blacklisted and I list it out and it says it's gone and I go in and wireshark the connection and the router and every other goddamn thing in the link is just screaming it's ass off about how it's ipv6 and wants to use ipv6 protocols. And I'm just sitting here with a wtf is this shit look on my face.
                  Linux is just open and honest people teamed up with cunt monkeys who have one goal complete domination of every form of communication. Because they are godamn liars and they need a complete unshakable monopolistic lock on "their version of the truth".

And what is so wrong with living in a damn hut. It beats busting your ass trying to figure out what the liars are up to next and watching fox news and cbs for "information".

I mean come on. Every release works kernel up to 2.26.35 and then it tries to put out a bunch of damn kernels and switch over to 3.0 kernel without a major distro working out the bugs? That's going to work. NOT.

And I'll give you the timetable for when open source video drivers stop completely sucking. As soon as they are done fucking with networking and python and not a minute sooner. Oh and don't forget all the cloud bullshit and Arm kernel commits. Those are important too. I figure by about python 3.5 it'll make every linux box completely and totally remotely hackable as it will have.... oh i don't know, EVERYGODDAM thing in it from text processing to deep hooks into plymouth to networking to god knows what else. Then it can get converted to firmware code so that it can become extensible UEFI and your system will be workable with software you can't erase.

I thought the linux philosophy was efficiency modularity and not possessing things it doesn't need to operate. Where the hell does python fit into that picture and why is linus worried about bootstrapping the kernel because it has so much stupid ass arm and cloud and networking and vm and junk in it. Fuck My Life meme is going to turn into Fuck My Linux meme before this decade is over.

Comment

previous poster, take off your tin-foil hat and shut up , you make my belly hurt.

Comment

I especially liked the part where Python is Skynet.

Comment

Working...
                      X