Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas how to get Radeon card working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've no idea what SUMO is :-P Maybe it's used instead of R700_rlc.bin, so maybe try not loading that one.

Comment

SUMO is the firmware that my radeon card requests when I don't have the firmware on my computer, it's the one that it uses so wait, u want me to CHANGE the firmware to the 700 one? are u sure?

Comment

someone on the #radeon channel said "I've told you before it's the dp bridge chip" but I'm not sure what that means on my laptop

Comment

It means that it is a bug that must be fixed before your display will show anything.

Comment

you should use wiwi and wait next distro releases . Linux is not as fast as wiwi with drivers and with linux they are added in the kernel , may be your vga has needed files in the latest kernel 3.1 ?

Comment

what is wiwi? I have been using git-sources 3.1-rc10 kernel....so idk if that's the same as the new stable 3.1 kernel

Comment

wiwi is for the windows , i like calling it like this because it sounds "oui-oui" aka yes-yes . it is the french name for "Noddy"

about your vga trouble with driver , may be you should add an options file in the etc/modprobe.d with some settings .
                i have a hvr2200 that is a tvcard , kernel did the same as for you , asked for the firmware file-name but i also had to add the option file with parameters for the driver

Comment

For the DP bridge problem there exist patches now https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41569
                  The patch is included in the drm-fixes-staging branch of airlied's linux tree

Comment

First you need to install the ATI Stream SDK and if not, you can find the installed
                    Also your GPU doesn't support OpenCL, so you will get only the CPU OpenCL device, without much performance improvement.

you need to have libOpenCL.so in /usr/lib/ as your card doesn't support OpenCL and this library is included in both the ATI Stream SDK (for ATI users) and the NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK .

Managed.com

Comment

Working...
                    X