Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

Phoronix: Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

It's been six months since Intel had introduced their xf86-video-intel 2.0 driver for graphics adapters on X.Org and two months since their most recent release (v2.1.1), but we are on the heals of a new Intel driver release. The Intel X.Org video driver will soon reach version 2.2.0 and contains a number of fixes and other enhancements since the xf86-video-intel 2.1 release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

It's been six months since Intel had introduced their xf86-video-intel 2.0 driver for graphics adapters on X.Org and two months since their most recent release (v2.1.1), but we are on the heals of a new Intel driver release. The Intel X.Org video driver will soon reach version 2.2.0 and contains a number of fixes and other enhancements since the xf86-video-intel 2.1 release.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE3OA
    Not trying to nit pick here since I think you want us to do this, but you spelled heels wrong, you spelled it as heals hehe. Just letting you know. Its not a big deal of course though.

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
      Not trying to nit pick here since I think you want us to do this, but you spelled heels wrong, you spelled it as heals hehe. Just letting you know. Its not a big deal of course though.
      Oops, thanks for pointing it out though! Will be fixed. I wrote it late at night and didn't catch that.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

yay for the release of 2.2.0

now let's hope the intel-folks will be let loose on xvmc or release the docs for that part.

i still feel a little left out for supporting an open effort and going for a g965-card in my htpc.

Comment

Working...
        X