Thread: Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

Default Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

Phoronix: Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

It's been six months since Intel had introduced their xf86-video-intel 2.0 driver for graphics adapters on X.Org and two months since their most recent release (v2.1.1), but we are on the heals of a new Intel driver release. The Intel X.Org video driver will soon reach version 2.2.0 and contains a number of fixes and other enhancements since the xf86-video-intel 2.1 release.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE3OA

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel 2.2 X.Org Driver Coming Soon

It's been six months since Intel had introduced their xf86-video-intel 2.0 driver for graphics adapters on X.Org and two months since their most recent release (v2.1.1), but we are on the heals of a new Intel driver release. The Intel X.Org video driver will soon reach version 2.2.0 and contains a number of fixes and other enhancements since the xf86-video-intel 2.1 release.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE3OA
    Not trying to nit pick here since I think you want us to do this, but you spelled heels wrong, you spelled it as heals hehe. Just letting you know. Its not a big deal of course though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikith View Post
    Not trying to nit pick here since I think you want us to do this, but you spelled heels wrong, you spelled it as heals hehe. Just letting you know. Its not a big deal of course though.
    Oops, thanks for pointing it out though! Will be fixed. I wrote it late at night and didn't catch that.

yay for the release of 2.2.0

now let's hope the intel-folks will be let loose on xvmc or release the docs for that part.

i still feel a little left out for supporting an open effort and going for a g965-card in my htpc.