XBMC-Focused OpenELEC 1.0 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
    Valid point D, and I do have a stand alone dvd unit. I have to manually adjust the aspect ratio for every single disc despite what I set the dvd player to in order to match my tv, and the remote interferes with my other equipment. Press skip and the tv changes channel and the amp goes up 3dB
    Heh, again most of that could be resolved with another cheap DVD player. Personally I haven't touched a DVD player in years and I expect most of the XBMC crowd doesn't play DVD's (most dump or rip them to another format) anymore either so I doesn't surprise me that there isn't much effort being put into DVD playback anymore.

Comment

Heh, again most of that could be resolved with another cheap DVD player
      Lol. I'm good Got my install of Mint 10.04 with vlc. Works great. Ok so it boots in 20 - 30 seconds instead of 5. Not too much of a biggie for me. Put in disc: auto play - straight to the menu - play movie or browse the special features - all good

I've set Mint to have nothing on the desktop so it isn't so much like using a computer, but I do really like xbmc's interface I must say. (Oh and for those who want to do it this way don't use any Ubuntu based distro past 10.04. DVD's don't mount; or even show up; automatically. Some users have had the problem on 10.04 as well. Works for me though)

Personally I haven't touched a DVD player in years and I expect most of the XBMC crowd doesn't play DVD's (most dump or rip them to another format)
      I'm good with that... as long as it's all legally obtained

Comment

Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
        I'm good with that... as long as it's all legally obtained
        You mean there is some other way they can be obtained? :O

Comment

Working...
        X