My compiz problem solved in Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My compiz problem solved in Ubuntu

I was having the problem with compiz where the glx was working and compiz disagreed

I checked my environment variables and found that LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATHS=/usr/lib/dri

I did not think that was correct so I changed it to LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATHS=/usr/lib

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!

To check yours use the set command.

Edit: NEVER MIND! Not sure what happened, but it stopped wrking. I guess I jumped the gun.

However; it is working now. I removed ALL drivers and started over!

ATI 9600 in Gygabit board with AMD processor running Ubuntu 7.10
    Last edited by d_e_monat; 12 November 2007, 07:54 PM.

But... which problem have you solved? And how did you change the environment variables? :S

Comment

Originally posted by ]--Freeman--[ View Post
      But... which problem have you solved? And how did you change the environment variables? :S
      Let's see. All of them!

I have compiz running fast enough. Glxgears reports 2878 fps. Have not tried any games, yet.

Video playback is OK.

Environment variables are changed using the 'set' command, but that may not be necessary. As I edited in, I jumped the gun on reporting success with that.

What I did do was: I removed all video drivers for X. I installed the ATI driver using the instructions here:

I had to do the gdm script hack to get the module to load. I am, currently, trying to get the module to load correctly (without the hack).

I made sure that my xorg.conf file was in order. Note that I do not need "glx" or "dri" (or anything else) under the module section. The ATI driver takes care of that.

Note: I believe that the problems are being caused by having the wrong kernel module loaded. I think that if that is sorted out, everything should work fine.

Comment

Working...
      X