Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.1 Kernel Development Drags On With RC10

Phoronix: Linux 3.1 Kernel Development Drags On With RC10

Development of the Linux 3.1 kernel has dragged on with Linus Torvalds releasing the Linux 3.1-rc10 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All rc's bar rc1 (and at a push rc2) should only contain bugfixes

Development isn't dragging on - you'd be the first to complain if 3.1 had been released with known bugs

I can imagine the headline - "Kernel 3.1 Epic Fail With Known Bugzzz [Shit in some new language]!"

Comment

This seems like it will be the highest quality kernel release yet.

Comment

Power Regression Fix?

So when will the power regression issue be addressed? Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by nichferber View Post
          So when will the power regression issue be addressed? Did I miss something?
          Well, there are multiple issues with power management, but assuming you mean ASPM, the issue will be fixed when OEM's learn how to program a BIOS (or embrace Coreboot)...
          The other option is forcing ASPM on, which will help the power consumption of some systems (and bork others). The kernel devs decided against that as the default and distros/users can handle ASPM differently if they wish.

Comment

So it's chinese linux kernel. Those chinese make mips chips like candy.

Comment

It is in pretty good shape now. rc5-rc8 was pretty bad in various areas. I currently only have some crashes in nfs4 client code probably.

Comment

Working...
              X