This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    My favorite Linux game EVER is Darwinia. It's unique, original, very playable and in Linux. My perfect formula for great entertainment.

Two thumbs up.
    Two years from this post... only one title to add. Neverwinter Nights. By the way, I wonder who can help out testing Neveredit whilst I get busy with fixing more bugs?

Comment

stratagus (and all warcraft2 clones for linux):

Comment

My all time favorite is Deus-Ex ( not DX:IW ). Closed source title but the only one I played through so many times I can't count it .

EDIT: Oh... just noticed... native only. Well then I would go for the original Unreal Tournament. Although DX uses the same engine it would have been possible to have a Linux client... but I think Loki had not been around back then.
        Last edited by Dragonlord; 12 August 2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          EDIT: Oh... just noticed... native only. Well then I would go for the original Unreal Tournament. Although DX uses the same engine it would have been possible to have a Linux client... but I think Loki had not been around back then.
          I think you'll find that it was being ported by them...

What I'd been told by several parties at Loki that the code was almost to a beta stage when Loki pulled the plug on everything.

Comment

Indeed. Deus Ex is one of my favorite games ever... If they were to release a Linux version any time soon, based off that code, I would totally pay premium for it... even after all these years.

Comment

Indeed... especially since there are some nice mods out there like HDTP or NewVision ( HDTP = high definition texture pack, and NewVision adds things like dynamic shadow casting and alike ).

By the way... why exactly did they go down with man and mouse? They just got poof and that was it.

Comment

Loki did a series of BAD management decisions which were their own undoing. They actually had a decent selection of games, but had way too many projects going at the same time (Svartalf could probably elaborate much more and with greater detail than I), low sales rates, etc. Loki's game selection back in the day was top notch and included some of the greatest AAA titles of their time. UT99 was one of them, FAKK2, SoF 1, and they were working on DeusEx and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
                  Indeed. Deus Ex is one of my favorite games ever... If they were to release a Linux version any time soon, based off that code, I would totally pay premium for it... even after all these years.
                  That's exactly what I think of it. Deus Ex is one of the best games ever created.

Comment

Blood Frontier, the grenades are cool, the flamethrower is hot and the bots are intelligent.

Comment

UrbanTerror,Tremulous,Nexuiz,Spring Engine based mods,Hedgewars,Wesnoth,Savage XR,Q3Rally,Tribes2,Lincity-NG,Flying Guns,Ultimate Stunts,Mania Drive and more

Comment

Working...
                      X