X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a reason

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
    /me looks over to my collection...

Quake 3, 4, Doom 3, NWN, UT2004 and Nexuiz.

I'm desperatly needing some more native linux installable games...what other games can you install nativly? Anyone got a list?
    There are no new ones really ...

Comment

Originally posted by ap90033 View Post
      There are no new ones really ...
      Linux Game Publishing seems to have slowed down recently.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Linux Game Publishing seems to have slowed down recently.
        I think there'll be some movement soon on that front- I can't say what's coming officially (That'd be Michael Simms' role, really... ) but I can say that there's a few titles in the last stages before release or are in the early beta stages. Part of the problem is just simply resources (Time doing final verification, etc...) more than anything else.
        Last edited by Svartalf; 05 April 2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          I think there'll be some movement soon on that front- I can't say what's coming officially (That'd be Michael Simms' role, really... ) but I can say that there's a few titles in the last stages before release or are in the early beta stages. Part of the problem is just simply resources (Time doing final verification, etc...) more than anything else.

I am on the LGP mailing lists for the various betas, and I haven't even seen any activity going on recently. Seems like everyone on the lists fell off the face of the earth.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I am on the LGP mailing lists for the various betas, and I haven't even seen any activity going on recently. Seems like everyone on the lists fell off the face of the earth.
            I've kind of noticed that, myself. I can only talk to what I know from Michael himself or what I know to be the case from my own knowledge of things- and only what I can officially discuss without getting in trouble on the consultant agreement I've got with LGP.

Ballistics- should be announced as having gone gold any time now.

Bandits- it's gotten a handful of bug reports that I'm about to start working through now that I'm about to finish up a consulting gig that would have constituted a conflict of interest if I'd carried forward with that game.

Disciples 2- it got off of track a while back because of varying things I can't discuss. I'm hopeful that with the switch in day jobs for me and all that I can get the thing back on track in short term and hand it off to the new team that's supposed to be working on it.

There's a couple of titles (cool ones) Michael's secured the rights to and not announced yet. I can't talk to any of that past what I just said on the matter- other than he's got some nice stuff that he's about to announce, and it'll be announced once we're in beta on them and a few other titles.

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned Tremulous already. http://www.tremulous.net/ Free GPL game based on the Quake 3 engine with RTS components such as base building and defense. I've been playing over a year and I still love it.

Comment

I've kind of noticed that, myself. I can only talk to what I know from Michael himself or what I know to be the case from my own knowledge of things- and only what I can officially discuss without getting in trouble on the consultant agreement I've got with LGP.

Ballistics- should be announced as having gone gold any time now.

Bandits- it's gotten a handful of bug reports that I'm about to start working through now that I'm about to finish up a consulting gig that would have constituted a conflict of interest if I'd carried forward with that game.

Disciples 2- it got off of track a while back because of varying things I can't discuss. I'm hopeful that with the switch in day jobs for me and all that I can get the thing back on track in short term and hand it off to the new team that's supposed to be working on it.

There's a couple of titles (cool ones) Michael's secured the rights to and not announced yet. I can't talk to any of that past what I just said on the matter- other than he's got some nice stuff that he's about to announce, and it'll be announced once we're in beta on them and a few other titles.
                This makes me happy . From what I've been able to find Linux Game Publishing is the best place to purchase Games for Linux, and I would really like to see a larger quality and quantity added. I've made it a point to purchase games from this site in the past to make sure that I'm supporting Linux this game publisher in some way, and hopefully some good games will come up in the future that I'll need to pick up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kramed View Post
                  I can't believe no one has mentioned Tremulous already. http://www.tremulous.net/ Free GPL game based on the Quake 3 engine with RTS components such as base building and defense. I've been playing over a year and I still love it.
                  Don't forget World Of Padman, another Quake3 Derivative: http://padworld.myexp.de/

It's only got the multiplayer mode right at the moment (The single player game's not quite yet finished...)- but the multiplayer games are really fun to play in. I was doing a lot of OpenGL driver testing with it last couple of weeks of my last day job... >:-)

Comment

Don't forget World Of Padman, another Quake3 Derivative: http://padworld.myexp.de/

It's only got the multiplayer mode right at the moment (The single player game's not quite yet finished...)- but the multiplayer games are really fun to play in. I was doing a lot of OpenGL driver testing with it last couple of weeks of my last day job... >:-)
                    Quake 3 ? Thats a little old isnt it? I am looking forward to Crysis. Not looking forward to being FORCED to buy Vista since NO ONE has DX10 or an answer to it...

Comment

Originally posted by ap90033 View Post
                      Quake 3 ? Thats a little old isnt it? I am looking forward to Crysis. Not looking forward to being FORCED to buy Vista since NO ONE has DX10 or an answer to it...
                      You know, if all you're enamored with is eye candy, it might be a bit old. The gameplay (which is what all I concern myself with) is great and the graphics actually look damned good. You should concern yourself with the production values and how fun the game is rather than how old it is or how "cool" it looks like. Most of the "cool" titles have gameplay issues or other obnoxious issues (Read: Steam with HL2...). I want fun, not cool- I can get cool by looking at a DVD of Shrek or similar.

As for Crysis... As long as they don't make an X-Box 360 only title and end up targeting Wii or PS3, your chances of a version just went up dramatically (OpenGL 2.X has pretty much everything DX10 offers without the performance hit... I can assure you that NOBODY is having a fun time trying to hit performance targets in DX10 right at the moment- everyone waiting for those "spiffy" DX10 eye candy titles are going to be in for a disappointment. )- and Haze has the same level of eye candy and may have the same level of coolness factor- and it IS an OpenGL/etc. title- and the tech demo that I had the good fortune to see with my own eyes looks SWEET. I don't know if Michael is in talks with UbiSoft right at the momnent, but once I get situated in a week or so, I'm going to be whispering in his ear about that one...
                      Last edited by Svartalf; 07 May 2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X