Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsow and Crack Attack without any doubt.

I own closed source games too, like ET:QW but somehow I just love those 2 way much more for some reason

Comment

• All UT games, Nexuiz.

Comment

• Not all. UT3 is not :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          Not all. UT3 is not :P
          It might be someday!

Comment

• Originally posted by node357 View Post
            It might be someday!
            Maybe when I'm old and walking on a stick... through an abandonware site... yeah... maybe

Comment

Maybe when I'm old and walking on a stick... through an abandonware site... yeah... maybe
              Haha, yeah. It seems the ID and Epic are giving up on Linux.

Comment

• Current game I'm enjoying on Linux is Regnum Online.

Comment

• Originally posted by node357 View Post
                  Haha, yeah. It seems the ID and Epic are giving up on Linux.
                  Which is true actually. ID pulls out on the Linux front. Epic announced to not make a new UT version due to poor sells. Leaves the spot open for Indies to show why Linux rocks. Imagine how this would be a smack in the face if Indies manage to get better overall sales if they server Linux as well as Windows. Hopefully I'm still around and kicking to see those faces

Comment

Which is true actually. ID pulls out on the Linux front. Epic announced to not make a new UT version due to poor sells. Leaves the spot open for Indies to show why Linux rocks. Imagine how this would be a smack in the face if Indies manage to get better overall sales if they server Linux as well as Windows. Hopefully I'm still around and kicking to see those faces
                    I'm not sure why you think id is giving up on Linux. ETQW was on Linux, Quake Live is in a closed Linux beta right now, and Rage was first shown to the public on a Mac, so id Tech 5 apparently supports OpenGL.

Comment

• Heres the closed beta announcement for Quake Live:

July 16, 2009
                      Seen lots of questions about Mac & Linux versions and their status and why they weren't mentioned in the release on Tuesday. Both Mac & Linux are being tested with the closed beta group right now, so they are very close but not quite ready for full release on the main site. If you use a Mac/Linux system and would like to potentially test, please reply to this post with your system info (hardware, OS & version, Processor, Memory, Browser & version). We likely won't select everyone to help finish up the testing, but will select people with systems that fill holes in our test group.

Comment

Working...
                      X