No announcement yet.

Postal III On Linux Is Kaput For Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to Unreal, the best I think we can hope for is that they also port the UDK to linux as well. The UDK idea seems like a very reasonable comprimise. Use the UDK for free if you wish, develop what ever you want and distribute it for free, however if you wish to start to sell your creation a licensed engine is required.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      And I too am a racing sim fan, which inculdes:
      -Gran Turismo all the way from the first to the PS3;
      -Colin McRae up to Dirt 3;
      -Grid.
      I like the open wheel type sims like NetKar Pro, and my beloved modded out Falcon 4. Less arcade, more sim. Nothing beats an 89 point checklist just to start rolling on the tarmac. Mouse and keyboard (and joypads for that matter) controls for vehicle control are the arcaders.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Or he gets told to "forget about it, we have other stuff for you to do".
        Ports happen in his free time, not company time. They'd have to call it crunch time and make him work 90+ hours a week on whatever he's working on now to take away his free time.

Comment

Huh, you can't refuse to work overtime in some places?

Comment

Originally posted by lexa2 View Post
            Well, I can understand that "innocent Windows user" might be charmed by Compiz and KDE4, but not Gallium. What is it worth for user that hadn't ever been dealing with "OSS GPU drivers" vs. "vendor-supplied binary blobs" on his or her platform? Standard experience with GPU drivers for typical Windows user is "install right after installing the OS and forget about the driver until some app comes out that require freshen one and/or new GPU". Gallium vs. DRI1 DDX vs. binary-blobs is a struggle and a curse of a Linux desktop. There's nothing like "AMMAGAWD" in Gallium.
            Lol.

OK... Where to start flaming? Someone please help me out here...

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Huh, you can't refuse to work overtime in some places?
              Dubya rammed through new overtime rules in the US, many people in IT (which includes the game industry, thanks to EA's lobbying) no longer qualify for overtime. You can't refuse to work what you don't qualify for, well you can, but you'll be looking for employment because of it.

Comment

You gotta be kidding? Someone up high decided that hours x-y are no longer overtime?

Land of the free, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  You gotta be kidding? Someone up high decided that hours x-y are no longer overtime?
                  Nope. EA lobbied hard for it, among others.

Land of the free, etc.
                  More like land of the almighty dollar buying legislation. Dubya sucked ass in terms of labor rights, Obama isn't much better.

Comment

Working...
                  X