Postal III On Linux Is Kaput For Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    I'd still like to know what happened behind the scenes with Ryan Gordon's work on the UT3 engine... I mean, he HAD something running, didn't he? Did they just dump the whole code?
    It's been bugging me for a while! Especially since he said that we wouldn't believe the reason for it not being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroedout View Post
      It's been bugging me for a while! Especially since he said that we wouldn't believe the reason for it not being released.
      Money. He wasn't getting paid for it. UT3 sold like shit on the PC, so nobody was inclined to pay for the Linux client.

This is inside info I can't back up with evidence. You either take it or throw it away, just like you take or throw away the Linux Steam client info that Michael talks about.

Comment

Hah i see more and more people are realising Mike tends to over hype things and saying the same things i did back when he made all those posts on source and steam confirmed for linux and here we are still with nothing.

If you guys want to talk on a site about linux gaming that is up to date and not over hyped join my site www.gamingonlinux.com open to all (even you Mike!).

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          a gaming website for linux is nice but phoronix isn't a gaming website.. sorry.
          I know, it's a reason why i put up the link.

Mike also gives games coverage on his site, which a lot of the time he overhypes and gets it wrong and dissapoints everyone...so there is not really a point to your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
            There'll be no Rage
            Looks like there is plenty of Rage. Nerd rage. It comes from failing to admit that you chose to use a platform which doesn't make a good desktop.

By the way, unless TTIMO dies, there will be a Rage client for linux. Until then, cope.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
              By the way, unless TTIMO dies, there will be a Rage client for linux. Until then, cope.
              Or he gets told to "forget about it, we have other stuff for you to do".

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Or he gets told to "forget about it, we have other stuff for you to do".
                ^ This...

Comment

Personally, I could care less for the game to linux ( I absolutely hate FPS with driving elements to it) if it were not for the fact that it would be nice to see at least something out there that pushes modern hardware. Other then Unigine's benchmarks there is very little to gauge a modern cards capability in Linux.

Comment

Personally, I could care less for the game to linux ( I absolutely hate FPS with driving elements to it)
                    you are a very very ill person. Everyone loves those games, it's like saying "I don't like nougat", that's just wrong. Everyone loves it and who don't loves it must be considered ill.

Comment

I absolutely hate FPS with driving elements to it.

+

=
                      Not good enough for deanjo

Comment

Working...
                      X