Pushing Reiser4 Is "Not Of High Priority"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.
      I disagree.

Comment

Of course! Everything that has a connection to something that's not right should be killed! With fire!

Comment

Comment

They won't let him work with file systems in prison. He might use them to escape ...

trollolol :P

Comment

Reiser4 had some very cleaver mechanisms that haven't been replicated by any other FS out there. As I mentioned before the intelligent data compression was the reason I moved to it. There is little reason for good code to die

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                I disagree.
                Saying you disagree without saying WHAT you disagree with suggests that you're just being a douchebag and probably haven't even read what you're disagreeing with.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  Reiser4 had some very cleaver mechanisms that haven't been replicated by any other FS out there. As I mentioned before the intelligent data compression was the reason I moved to it. There is little reason for good code to die
                  Its obsolete code being dragged along by diehard fans of a convicted felon. There is nothing special about it. Compression isn't even that useful on the filesystem level -- most large file types already incorporate compression, word processor documents, videos, audio, images.... everything that will actually consume a significant amount of space is *already compressed* -- double compression just eats cpu time without benefit. Partition level compression is obsolete, and even in the very RARE case where it makes sense, easily worked around. There is no need for the filesystem itself to include compression, leave that to somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    duhhhhhh
                    Grow up........................

Comment

Steve Jobs comes to hell and sees Steve Ballmer there, standing knee-deep in the blood pool.
                      SJ: "What the ack are you doing here?"
                      SB: "Im standing here as punishment for the people and careers which I destroyed".
                      SJ: "Where is Bill?"
                      SB: "Right here, Im standing on his shoulders."

Comment

Working...
                      X