No announcement yet.

R300 Graphics Improvements For KDE's KWin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know more details about these two bugs? Are they registered at bugs.kde.org?

Comment

SWEEET!!! Yea, I know there are problems but it's very difficult to put these kinds of problems into a bug report... There's not much to say, other than the fact that it just look graphically wrong under some situations, but not others.. Hopefully these fixes will make it that much easier to make the switch from KDE3 to KDE4 on my old laptop..

I don't know if there's really been any bug reports against KDE for this, as I've always just assumed it was a problem with the drivers since these problems don't happen with kwin when using the nvidia blob..

Everyone I've ever shown these graphical glitches to, has said it *really* does look like a driver bug.. I don't care whether it's a driver problem or a KWIN problem, so long as it gets fixed!
      Last edited by Sidicas; 17 October 2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
        SWEEET!!! Yea, I know there are problems but it's very difficult to put these kinds of problems into a bug report... There's not much to say, other than the fact that it just look graphically wrong under some situations, but not others.. Hopefully these fixes will make it that much easier to make the switch from KDE3 to KDE4 on my old laptop..

I don't know if there's really been any bug reports against KDE for this, as I've always just assumed it was a problem with the drivers since these problems don't happen with kwin when using the nvidia blob..

Everyone I've ever shown these graphical glitches to, has said it *really* does look like a driver bug.. I don't care whether it's a driver problem or a KWIN problem, so long as it gets fixed!
        Actually screen display corruption or incorrect rendering is not all that difficult to describe. A few words of description and circumstances and a screenshot or a photo mostly does the job. This way you will find out if there are others with that problem and give the devs something to anchor their repair to.

Comment

Working...
        X