Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Arena 7.52 Brings Significant Game Updates

Phoronix: Alien Arena 7.52 Brings Significant Game Updates

For those not preoccupied by the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle games or Unigine OilRush, the open-source Alien Arena 7.52 game has been released just in time for the weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Here's some screenies:

Comment

stats system you say? Updated graphics you say?

Will try it I say.

Comment

After one does ./configure, make, sudo make install, where's the game launcher? (Using Ubuntu 11.10 amd64)

Comment

This game is by far one of most funny and enjoyable 1A FPS? available for linux! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
            This game is by far one of most funny and enjoyable 1A FPS? available for linux! Thank you!
            Sure, but it's the most error prone and wacky game when it comes to making it fullscreen. It doesn't even have a 1980x1200 resolution. Using Nvidia/GTX 560ti

Comment

To make it 1980x1200, you cycle through the preset resolutions until it says "custom," then type in your desired resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                After one does ./configure, make, sudo make install, where's the game launcher? (Using Ubuntu 11.10 amd64)
                Our distribution of the game doesn't include one, although I believe PlayDeb's version does. You can make one yourself by editing the menu though. The command to run the game is "crx".

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
                  To make it 1980x1200, you cycle through the preset resolutions until it says "custom," then type in your desired resolution.
                  Yeah, I did that, and set to fullscreen just to have to do a forced reboot cause it scrambles the desktop. I have no issues with nexuiz, in fact it goes fullscreen right from the start - exactly what one usually needs for this type of games.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
                    Our distribution of the game doesn't include one, although I believe PlayDeb's version does. You can make one yourself by editing the menu though. The command to run the game is "crx".
                    Thanks, I found it (buried) in "source" I guess, the game's devs have worked a lot to create the game but didn't bother creating an intuitive launcher file like "start-game" in the root folder of the distribution rather then the cryptic "crx" file hidden in the "source" dir.

Comment

Working...
                    X