Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa R500 Texture Semaphore Improvements

Phoronix: Mesa R500 Texture Semaphore Improvements

Tom Stellard, the former Google Summer of Code student who worked on ATI R300 GLSL compiler improvements and a new register allocator, has been looking into the area of Radeon OpenCL support while now being employed by AMD. However, Tom is working on other open-source Radeon work too. Recently he made improvements to the R300g driver's instruction scheduler to make better use of the texture semaphore.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was waiting for this benchmark. The results are great!

Texture semaphore is something specific to R500 or it could be used too in R600+ GPUs?

Comment

You can find X1950XTXs for $40 these days, they where the fastest GPUs in the R500 compatible family

Here it is against the HD4890, the best supported high performance card in the R600 line http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=442&card2=608

I'd have pitted it against the X1800, but Michael, in his usual half assed ways neglected to list which of the 4 versions of the X1800 he actually has both here and on OpenBenchmarking, thus I have to make a quarter assed bitch post.

So which is it Michael, the lowly X1800GTO or the full enchrido X1800XT/Crossfire? Either way it's still easily trounced by the X1950XTX, which should be good enough for anything not based on Unigine if the drivers continue to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
        You can find X1950XTXs for $40 these days, they where the fastest GPUs in the R500 compatible family
        Yeah, I bought one too

EDIT: where is my sign? O_O
        Last edited by darkbasic; 11 October 2011, 05:35 AM.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
          I'd have pitted it against the X1800, but Michael, in his usual half assed ways neglected to list which of the 4 versions of the X1800 he actually has both here and on OpenBenchmarking, thus I have to make a quarter assed bitch post..
          If you read the article, I clearly mention it.... (hint: bottom of first page right below the table.)
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            If you read the article, I clearly mention it.... (hint: bottom of first page right below the table.)
            Additionally, the list is entirely auto-generated and it's the ATI video BIOS that only exposes the 'X1800' portion and not the complete string.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

How ironic, victim of your own edit limit

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                How ironic, victim of your own edit limit
                No, not at all. I still could have edited it and as the admin I have full edit rights to any post at all, but I simply felt like replying to save time.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
                  Texture semaphore is something specific to R500 or it could be used too in R600+ GPUs?
                  It's part of the r5xx fragment shader ISA so it's specific to r5xx hardware.

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X