Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which driver?

The ati.amd website helpfully advises that:
    The ATI Proprietary Linux driver currently supports Radeon 8500 and later AGP or PCI Express graphics products, as well as ATI FireGL 8700 and later products. We do not currently plan to include support for any products earlier than this.
    but gives no indication or timeline of cards. Mine is a Radeon X1300 256MB - is this a before or after?

Originally posted by lordgrover View Post
    but gives no indication or timeline of cards. Mine is a Radeon X1300 256MB - is this a before or after?
    It's after. This link might help:

Comment

Originally posted by lordgrover View Post
      Anything with an X0XXX (i.e. X700, X800, etc...) is an R400 part, unless you're talking about a mobility part- in which you're talking about a knackered R300 part.

Anything with an X1XXX (i.e. X1000, X1300, etc...) is an R500 part unless you're talking about a mobility part- in which you're talking about a knackered R400 part, in most cases (There are exceptions in the form of a mobile Rv515 which is an underclocked, but full-tilt version).

Anything with an X2XXX (i.e. X2400, X2600, etc...) is an R600 part. You might/might not be talking about an R600 part if you're talking about mobile parts- the bulk of them, again will be crippled previous generation GPUs (usually trimming or removing completely the vertex pipelines...) in the case of most IGP configurations.

The drivers support R300 and above, though you might want to think long an hard about the R300 option. In your case, you've probably got an Rv515 based board, possibly the lucky mobile config with a real GPU. It's a mediocre performer compared to others, but it should be more than serviceable on your computer- IF you can get their drivers stable on your machine.
      Last edited by Svartalf; 01 November 2007, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X