Ok, it's November. Where's 8.43?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Do realize that tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the US and on Friday is Black Friday (not that it means much to AMD).... What days does that leave then?
    Well, today. :-P

So no driver this week to expect. Well, could be worse, at least I got those strange corruptions sold out.
    And (according to the bug report) they are also working on fixing that oops, that prevents me to switch between console and also seems to prevent me from suspending/resuming.
    (I don't mean the SLUB thing, but from another bug report that'll be fixed to, hopefully.)

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
      Hm, it's very silenced here, so I guess, that a lot of ati users are very satisfied with 8.42.3 or at least a lot more than I thought.
      Or, of course, that all the ati users who aren't satisfied with 8.42.3 have given up hope for improvements in 8.43.x

(Or that, in general, people exhausted themselves getting excited about 8.42.3, and, regardless of their feelings about the driver, just haven't got the energy to be as excited less than a month after...)

Comment

Originally posted by aoanla View Post
        Or, of course, that all the ati users who aren't satisfied with 8.42.3 have given up hope for improvements in 8.43.x

(Or that, in general, people exhausted themselves getting excited about 8.42.3, and, regardless of their feelings about the driver, just haven't got the energy to be as excited less than a month after...)
        i think you are right, besides, the 8.41 was horrible on AMD64, users could not even run programs, now we can i think we are not desperate like those times then, i would like more stability and xv support than AIGLX.... for now, but if AIGLX gets better then welcome AIGLX, i really do not mind using XGL for Compiz, also XGL and 8.42 are fine, for anyone who want to try out, it does not work for >=xorg-server-1.4

Comment

new drvier has come EOT :P

Comment

Working...
          X