First Look: AMD Trinity APU, Linux Already Runs Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Well it is anonymous as far as not requiring a sign in. If they were really worried about their identity they shouldn't have submitted to an online database in the first place. That is just common sense. When it comes to the internet there is no such thing as true anonymity.
    tor + ssl??????

or just be behind seven proxies

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      tor + ssl??????

or just be behind seven proxies
      Difficult to trace but still not true anonymity. You could also spoof the IP address and upload false reports as well I suppose (not saying that is the case, just that one could and shows that even an IP address is not definitive proof of anything).

Comment

Bulldozer out Llano/Trinity in

... Trinity "looks" to be a nice up grade to Llano.
        But I can't decide whether to get Llano (A-3850 now), or wait for Trinity ?, either way, they both obviously look to be a very good "compact/integrated" PC solution -lol.
        Since, sadly enough, it looks like the "Bulldozer" Desktop CPU is a confirmed flop now -according to absolutely "ALL" the new reviews elswehere that have recently been trickliing in.

Comment

Can you reveal what the CPUID Revision is for these trinity engineering samples? i.e. Zambezi is 00600F12h, and Llano is 00300F10h?

Comment

Is it really that bad?

That is I've seen bulldozer benchmarks that put it in the range of an i5. This on benchmarks not playing to AMDs strengths.

I suppose that I should do some surfing of the net to get a better picture but I'm not convinced that flop is the right word here.

Originally posted by scjet View Post
            ... Trinity "looks" to be a nice up grade to Llano.
            But I can't decide whether to get Llano (A-3850 now), or wait for Trinity ?, either way, they both obviously look to be a very good "compact/integrated" PC solution -lol.
            Since, sadly enough, it looks like the "Bulldozer" Desktop CPU is a confirmed flop now -according to absolutely "ALL" the new reviews elswehere that have recently been trickliing in.

Comment

Working...
            X