Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Unigine Engine Demo Coming: Valley

Phoronix: A New Unigine Engine Demo Coming: Valley

On top of everything else going on at Unigine Corp, the Russian developers of this impressive cross-platform game engine are preparing to release a new Unigine Engine demo. This new demo is dubbed Valley...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love running around in the Unigine Heaven benchmark, free mode.

Comment

My god, I don't even want to know what kind of hardware they needed to render that benchmark (I'm assuming it was rendered in real time?) while capturing it to a video file. At that high FPS!

Comment

"With proper binary graphics drivers on Linux, Unigine Heaven is cartoonish looking with its OpenGL 3/4 renderer."

There, fixed it for you.
        Yes, Heaven is a technical marvel, but breathtaking it is not.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to testing this on my GTX 580, I'm interested in looking at the technical details.

Judging by the video, the terrain rendering does look too blurry and un-detailed at a distance. Close-up is looking good though.

Comment

Unigine is not usable for free by free software projects ?

Comment

Originally posted by babali View Post
              Unigine is not usable for free by free software projects ?
              No. Why should it? Though they have special offers for indie developers.

Comment

DOF is looking a lot better than it used to ....
                Looking forward to playing around with this one.

Comment

Working...
                X