Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: It's Not All Roses For The Latest Humble Bundle

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I bought every bundle except the first at $15 - $20 mostly for support (they support Linux, I support them). This time I think I'll skip - what 1 game? Except now that SpaceChem is included I'm a little tempted (This somehow reminds me of Osmos, which was one of the very rare games that kept me playing for more than 10 minutes). Don't know... will try the demo. Tycho's quote:
    Iíve been trying to even understand what is happening in Zachtronics Industriesí harrowing embolism manifold known as SpaceChem.
    Is that even a compliment?!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Unsuccesful? Wha?

    I don't get the point about this being less successful than before. With basically one title (sans bonuses), they're headed to hit the $1M mark. $1M for one title is pretty damn good in my book.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Over there somewhere
    Posts
    239

    Default Frozenbyte quality

    The whole thing strikes me as some sort of experiment by Frozenbyte to see what they can get away with. The Indie Bundles are chock full of value while the Frozenbyte bundles come off as a rush to make a quick buck. Remember that the first FB bundle was just three games with a (still!) unfinished title and a digital abortion that didn't even run under Linux. It didn't meet the mark of the Humble Bundles then and it doesn't hit that mark now. If anything, this is even worse than their freshman effort.

    This is not coming from some sense of entitlement. As it has been pointed out, I can pay one whole red cent for this bundle if I want to. I get that. But I don't want this one-game bundle enough to go to the trouble of digging out my credit card. The enticement is just not there. Mind you, I bought the first FB Bundle which really kills any sense of motivation to buy this one. The implication that I'm some kind of scum for not seeing to it that FB makes two million bucks for a relatively half-assed offering is douchebaggery.

    To those who would flame me saying "Buy it anyway to show support!" I say "Fuck you, I don't want it."

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Well i wont be getting this latest bundle on avg i have spent for the previous bundles 20-25 dollars this one didnt excite me even with the two extra games added, i already own the frozen bundle .
    Also i dont know how it works if they approach indy devs or the devs approach them but if its the former there are a lot of mulltiplatform indy devs (who i would think) would jump at the chance to get their games out there if only for the advertising, getting revenge of the titans made me buy all the other games from puppygames. Penumbra made me get all the other frictional games as well.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I went ahead and got the bundle once they added spacechem. A really fun game, and it runs really well on my linux box considering it uses mono, however it is a complete PITA to install on any distro except Ubuntu. Forunately there were clear instuctions on the web site. I wasn't too exited about this bundle though as I already had the frozenbyte one. Now I would be really excited if they rounded up an RPG bundle with five or six games.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI, USA
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larian View Post
    The whole thing strikes me as some sort of experiment by Frozenbyte to see what they can get away with. The Indie Bundles are chock full of value while the Frozenbyte bundles come off as a rush to make a quick buck. Remember that the first FB bundle was just three games with a (still!) unfinished title and a digital abortion that didn't even run under Linux. It didn't meet the mark of the Humble Bundles then and it doesn't hit that mark now. If anything, this is even worse than their freshman effort.

    This is not coming from some sense of entitlement. As it has been pointed out, I can pay one whole red cent for this bundle if I want to. I get that. But I don't want this one-game bundle enough to go to the trouble of digging out my credit card. The enticement is just not there. Mind you, I bought the first FB Bundle which really kills any sense of motivation to buy this one. The implication that I'm some kind of scum for not seeing to it that FB makes two million bucks for a relatively half-assed offering is douchebaggery.

    To those who would flame me saying "Buy it anyway to show support!" I say "Fuck you, I don't want it."
    Note: This new bundle includes Frozen Synapse, which is NOT a game created by Frozen Byte. The names are similar, but they're from different studios. This bundle does include the Frozen Byte bundle as a bonus for people paying greater than the going rate, but the new games are from different studios.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Over there somewhere
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    Note: This new bundle includes Frozen Synapse, which is NOT a game created by Frozen Byte. The names are similar, but they're from different studios. This bundle does include the Frozen Byte bundle as a bonus for people paying greater than the going rate, but the new games are from different studios.
    Whoops. Sorry about that. It's mid-term week here and I didn't pay proper attention. Thanks for catching this for me.

    And I still don't want this bundle.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default So don't buy it. Donate and/or shut up.

    'I've been offered the chance to donate and buy a game that's worth $0.01 and I don't want to pay that much.'
    Boo flashin hoo! they sound like the selfish antisocial pirates that feel the world owes them free games; the supposed myth that the HiB was created to refute. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Over there somewhere
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerothis View Post
    'I've been offered the chance to donate and buy a game that's worth $0.01 and I don't want to pay that much.'
    Boo flashin hoo! they sound like the selfish antisocial pirates that feel the world owes them free games; the supposed myth that the HiB was created to refute. Don't like it? Don't buy it!
    Can I assume this was directed at me?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nurnberg.
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Could it be that there are just too many indie bundles in too short a time? What if they are put at least 6 months apart?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •