No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincent: "I guess they can't make everything in Finland and then all ship it for cheap ass China prices in... Guess where? China."
    Deanjo: "LOL, did you even read your link? It even says that nokia's are not all made in Finland."

Deanjo: "Again wrong, they also have products being made in Malaysia, Taiwan, and other countries."
    ^ Can you spell made localy?

I am unbiased. That is what bugs the hell out of you. Even by those comments you are suggesting that I should view everything from a linux POV. Sorry but that would not be unbiased, but being biased.
    You are defending something, therefore you are engaging in an argument, therefore you are biased. Like all proper websites; moderators do not engage in things that they are moderating. Either you're doing a shit job, or you're biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      Vincent: "I guess they can't make everything in Finland and then all ship it for cheap ass China prices in... Guess where? China."
      Deanjo: "LOL, did you even read your link? It even says that nokia's are not all made in Finland."
      Again wrong, the those products made in China are shipped internationally, they are not only for China.

Deanjo: "Again wrong, they also have products being made in Malaysia, Taiwan, and other countries."
      ^ Can you spell made localy?

I can spell locally, apparently you can't.

You are defending something, therefore you are engaging in an argument, therefore you are biased. Like all proper websites; moderators do not engage in things that they are moderating. Either you're doing a shit job, or you're biased.
      I am correcting false statements with facts. That's not bias. That is setting the record straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
        no it is not a excuse. They had their chance in my family and linux do not have big market share to but we are happy with linux we do have 5 and more linux computers.
        Do you really think you would have had a much better experience with linux in that era? By your criteria it sounds like a Windows PC was the best option for you or even an Amiga.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Again wrong, the those products made in China are shipped internationally, they are not only for China.
          No shit, Sherlock, but only as close to the geographical supply chain as possible. That means no China to Europe. And if something from China ends up in Europe; it's not Nokia endorsed and will be rejected for warranty.

I can spell locally, apparently you can't.
          I'll refrase that, for your autism:
          Can you phantom made locally?

I am correcting false statements with facts. That's not bias. That is setting the record straight.
          You are a moderator, engaging in something you're suppose to moderate and therefore biased. Is this realy so hard to understand?
          Last edited by V!NCENT; 15 October 2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

No shit, Sherlock, but only as close to the geographical supply chain as possible. That means no China to Europe. And if something from China ends up in Europe; it's not Nokia endorsed and will be rejected for warranty.
            Well that is simply not the case, many models are manufactured in China and Mexico at the Foxconn factories for nokia (and other countries as well) for countries that are not local. Also the "Made to" moniker refers to where the product was assembled, not to where all the sub components were manufactured.

I'll refrase that, for you autism:
            Can you fanthom made locally?
            Absolutely I can. I can even fathom it, but I can't "fanthom" it.
            You are a moderator, engaging in something you're suppose to moderate and therefore biased. Is this realy so hard to understand?
            Apparently it is you that has a hard time understanding what moderation is and what bias is.

Moderate
            chair, judge, make peace, negotiate, preside, referee, take the chair, umpire

Bias
            Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
              this is just my experience be an pirate or an Open Source freak or you are lost if you are poor.
              Back in the days of the Performa however Q, there was a heck of a lot out there in linux land for OS or piracy. Linux was pretty minimal in those days.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                For someone that doesn't subscribe to Stallman's view you spend a lot of time defending that view and engaging in character attacks against people that question it or mock it. Could it be that you are the one obsessed with the man?
                YOU are the instigator, I merely call you on your bullshit. Please point out where I defended Stallman's view on proprietary software (which is what I mainly disagree with him on).

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                Yes, your trolling is pretty weak.
                You need to look up the meaning of trolling, a good starting point would be a series of posts on Phoronix made by user yogi_berra.

Comment

• Originally posted by urfe View Post
                  How exactly is Steve Jobs 'greedy and evil', when the man drove a 2008 car and owned a 1960 motorcycle, his wife has several charitable organisations, he donated moeney to fight AIDS in Africa and tore down his house to build a smaller one with only 5 bedrooms and a three-car garage? And stop comparing him to Bill Gates or his actions, he's not even in the Top 100 wealthiest men. But, hey, if he keeps shares in the industries he helped create or shaped (Pixar-Disney, Apple) he's a demon! And if I highlight this, then decency goes out the window - because Free Software and GPL... well, something.
                  This is something that always amazed me. Jobs runs the most profitable software company in the world and yet he's not one of the wealthiest guys in the world. Compare him to a real d-bag like Zuckerberg and Jobs really does come off quite well.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Well that is simply not the case, many models are manufactured in China and Mexico at the Foxconn factories for nokia (and other countries as well) for countries that are not local. Also the "Made to" moniker refers to where the product was assembled, not to where all the sub components were manufactured.
                    Nokia doesn't manufacture components. Nokia buys them from Samsung, Toshiba and Texas Instruments. Therefore, Nokia has nothing to do with them.

Absolutely I can. I can even fathom it, but I can't "fanthom" it.
                    Phantom. My bad. Jesus.

Fathom means measure, phantom means ghost, or to mentally image something.

Apparently it is you that has a hard time understanding what moderation is and what bias is.
                    Moderation is lessening extremes. Apple is a little extremely out of place on a FLOSS website, and just a company. Given how much extreme attention Steve Job's death gets, and Ritchie doesn't, it's only moderate in nature people combat the attention of a CEO.

Now, how does one objectively "fathom", when one is engaged in the very thing one needs to judge? Earth to you; you can't.

Comment

Moderation is lessening extremes. Apple is a little extremely out of place on a FLOSS website, and just a company. Given how much extreme attention Steve Job's death gets, and Ritchie doesn't, it's only moderate in nature people combat the attention of a CEO.

Now, how does one objectively "fathom", when one is engaged in the very thing one needs to judge? Earth to you; you can't.
                      Dude, he just volunteered to moderate out the spam here. You should be thankful for that instead of trying to silence him.

Comment

Working...
                      X