R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs, the Apple founder and former CEO who masterfully marketed ever-sleeker gadgets that transformed everyday technology, from the Apple Macintosh to the iPod and iPhone, has died. He was 56.

Apple announced his death without giving a specific cause.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," the company said in a brief statement.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve"

Jobs had battled cancer in 2004 and underwent a liver transplant in 2009 after taking a leave of absence for unspecified health problems. He took another leave of absence in January _ his third since his health problems began _ before resigning as CEO six weeks ago. Jobs became Apple's chairman and handed the CEO job over to his hand-picked successor, Tim Cook.

The news Apple fans and shareholders had been dreading came the day after Apple unveiled its latest version of the iPhone, just one in a procession of devices that shaped technology and society while Jobs was running the company.
    You can say a lot about him and Apple but a brilliant marketeer he was.

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    You can say a lot about him and Apple but a brilliant marketeer he was.
    Love him or hate him, he was a legend and showed the world that a personal computer was something that would shape the future world.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Love him or hate him, he was a legend and showed the world that a personal computer was something that would shape the future world.

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/
      Are you sure? That seems to ignore the possibility that he stood in the way of something that would have been better.

Normally that is my description of Microsoft, but since you are basically saying the same thing about him, it seems logical that we should consider that.

Comment

RIP Steve Jobs

You had a great life and built an army of irritating fanboys who loved you. They would have laid down their lives to save you... and if only they could, it would solve both problems :P

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
          Are you sure? That seems to ignore the possibility that he stood in the way of something that would have been better.

Normally that is my description of Microsoft, but since you are basically saying the same thing about him, it seems logical that we should consider that.
          Ya I am sure, when every large corporation scoffed at the idea of a "personal computer" he had the vision to press on and make it a commercial product, which later inspired IBM to come up with their personal computer after seeing that there was a market beyond hobbyists. Bill and MS played a huge role as well, without a doubt but it was Steve that got the ball rolling and took it beyond speculations and put it out to practice.

Comment

I never liked him. Whenever I hear "Steve Jobs" or "Bill Gates", I think of "assholes".

I also don't like people who start saying nice things about someone just because he's dead.

Comment

This is a great day to mankind as it has got rid of one of the most atrocious dictators of the modern time. Only grief he didn't take Apple and its products with him to the grave.

Comment

All this hate...

From those that no one would ever miss. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
                  From those that no one would ever miss. Ever.
                  Would you really want to be missed by dumb millions who jack off to glossiness and sweet shit?

No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
                    Would you really want to be missed by dumb millions who jack off to glossiness and sweet shit?

No thank you.
                    I guess it's better to be a spiteful nothing who favors ideology over functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X