X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/************************************\
    Rage stuff
    \************************************/

game has a great visual at first glance , the texture streaming is hurting the eyes after playing for sometimes .
    the gameplay is nearly the same as latest Wolfenstein : all is happening in a little city and people are giving missions . it also looks like a LOT like DukeNukem4Ever : in both game a little car.....
    the game is also something that needs a new "pop-up" blocker , like those for the web : at each map steam popup many times about "achievements and console" , then in city with subtitle there a lot of messages from mayor and others : that s unreadable despite that looks like a Book sometimes .

i am very disappointed by some parts of the game like the beginning of game : the station for survivor having stairs to get out ...
    i think that a place like that should be more hidden : something like the start of half-life ...
    the second dead-zone is in the hospital when there is a giant monster .

it s a good game that , like crysis2 is at the max of dx9 , it should be very helpful for doom and quake to have a wonderful use of the idtech 2011

Comment

Its basically a racing game, with 2 towns to explore by foot with some shooting elements inbetween Compared to other games you don't collect much ammo, you have to buy it and instead you collect other items to sell (or combine). So you basically race to get better parts for your car, you destroy other cars to get money, with money you buy ammo. There is only 1 big monster in it and there you have got basically unlimited ammo. Compared to DNF it is much easier when you drive to the target area as you always have got a map which is missing with DNF. With DNF it is basically impossible to run fully out of ammo. Rage looks better than DNF of course and seems to be much faster on the same hardware. I did not notice huge problems with latest patch and AMD Rage driver. Most likely a Linux version will come out after the Linux drivers have got the same fixes. This should be easy as Rage is an OpenGL game, so no huge changes are needed, basically you can even play with wine (but you miss the optimized drivers still).

Comment

I just had the subway fight today, with a shotgun and fatboy bullits in the revolver.

I gotta say; it was more epic than the entire Quake episodes combined. (literally epic; fought against two Krakens).

This is by far, the best id and the best FPS game, ever made.

Comment

The gameplay videos look impossibly amazing.

If there is a Linux port, I'll get it and invest in a new graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            The gameplay videos look impossibly amazing.

If there is a Linux port, I'll get it and invest in a new graphics card.
            I don't know what GFX card you have, but my GTX 460 is working nicely with it.

Comment

You will not need a new one this time. I know it sounds crazy but this time the game was optimized for consoles and does not require a faster card. This was different with older id games, there you often wanted a faster gfx card. When you look at the UT(3) engine based games it is basically the same. You can still play em with 2-3y old cards because the games have to run on consoles too, there the gfx power is limited.

Comment

No, really, I have a very low-level card, even idTech4 is difficult with it in higher resolutions.

And I will run it with the FLOSS drivers, cause I'm hardcore :P

Comment

Hahahahaha...

Comment

id Tech 5 is OpenGL4.2.

Can't you download the cracked version and test it with Wine and FLOSS drivers? I'm curious how good it runs.

I just have the latest Fedora and Wine doesn't work with SELinux, untill you tinker the shit out of it.

Runs like crazy on my HD5470 mobility on Windows.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                      id Tech 5 is OpenGL4.2.
                      Pretty sure it is only OpenGL 2.1.

Comment

Working...
                      X