No announcement yet.

Rage Linux Port Is Not Likely Until 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Rage using OpenGL 3.2? The only source I got is a screenshot of the console "created OpenGL 3.2 context":

Comment

• an updated driver for all windows is out
      vista/7 x86/x64

xp xpx64

the textures are not "moving" any more . one thing is that this driver has same numbers for serial than previous preview
      it renders great and fps are getting a normal level

Comment

• You should have linked to the actual web page, not the direct download :-/

Last edited by RealNC; 19 October 2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
          You had better have repeated textures or you just don't encapsulate something. And dungeons had better have a repeatable texture theme or it doesn't look right.
          Setting, lightning, atmosphere, kind of debree... it just looks great. Sure you can see reocuring overlay/brush things, but not like copy-pasting the same 4-by-4-meter_texture^(infinite).

It just looks great.

Comment

• BTW, just to point out anyone wanting it to run it in wine and take advantage of the Cuda use in Rage there is a nice little "How-To" posted here:

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              You should have linked to the actual web page, not the direct download :-/

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...eDriverV3.aspx
              links come from Rage3D http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33982817
              where they wrote : "They are not officially posted yet on AMD's site so no idea what new changes."

by the way , this new driver is not that good and i found a good change to do to make t3xtures look good .
              the trick is to add "+s_streamBufferSizeK 128" after rage.exe .
              by default the value is 42 . i did not check if 256 gives better results yet as 128 is quite nice .

i tried to change some others cvars but no success

cm_memoryMap "0"
              cm_backFaceCull "0"
              fc_maxCacheMemoryMB "96"

the 2 first to 1 and the last to 4096 but no luck

Comment

• I installed the drivers. The game is now playable. Previously it would freeze every few seconds. Speed isn't that great though; previously, between the freezes, it would give me 60FPS. Now it's about 30-40.

We'll see how it runs with the new i5 2500K system I'm expecting for next week.

Comment

• John Carmack posted this on Twitter:

"We have a bicubic-upsample+detail texture option for the next PC patch that will help alleviate the blurry textures in Rage."

Rage's game world to me is a confusing mess of too many different textures. I get shot at by bandits and have no freaking clue where they're shooting from since I can't see them in all that visual mess. Making textures "sharper" by upscaling isn't going to improve things in this regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    I get shot at by bandits and have no freaking clue where they're shooting from since I can't see them in all that visual mess.
                    No, no, no, you can't hit them because they are ninja mutants.

Comment

• id is mostly dead now. http://kotaku.com/5851953/doom-4-ind...ointing-launch

Comment

Working...
                      X