No announcement yet.

Unigine Corp Tries To Lure Indie Game Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys, we have considered your feedback and added Linux support into "Indie SDK starter" license: http://unigine.com/products/unigine/licensing/

Comment

Don't you think that Xbox 360 and PS3 support is needed for indies if they want to sell a game to a wider target? Also why don't give out the engine without support for free like epic does?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Don't you think that Xbox 360 and PS3 support is needed for indies if they want to sell a game to a wider target? Also why don't give out the engine without support for free like epic does?
        Console development costs much more due to license fees, devkits and so on. Anyway we are open for reasonable proposals, developers can email us directly.
        At the moment we giving out the engine for free doesn't match our current business model.

Comment

Well, thank you for including Linux support in the Indie starter kit.

Comment

Originally posted by binstream View Post
            OK guys, we have considered your feedback and added Linux support into "Indie SDK starter" license: http://unigine.com/products/unigine/licensing/
            Thank you! I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
              As much as I like the fact that Unigine is russian and provides linux support, I see no difference between them and any other proprietary entity.
              It can be they remove the linux support some day, just like epic - its up to them.
              They could and they removed linux support from their starter version.
              Its just that unigine, for most times, allows generation of linux binaries. So far their current corporate policy.

It is just that we, floss people, are always considered minority and considered that we can eat crap, hold mouth and enjoy. Just what AMD, Intel and partially nvidia usually do. Im sorry to dissapoint their expectations.
              +1

Comment

Working...
              X