Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Graphics support in Catalyst for Llano

According to the second footnote on AMD’s informational page,
    Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to engage and/or disengage the discrete graphics processor for dual graphics capabilities.
    I want to clarify whether there is present support for the IGP and a discrete card working in conjunction for better performance than either alone. If not, I would appreciate it if any one knows and could tell me whether there has been any news from AMD about including this in an upcoming version of their driver.

I want to build an mATX box in the very near future with an A8-3870 and a Radeon 6670 (assuming they release the former soon). Searching about the web has proven rather unfruitful. Much thanks in advance.
    Last edited by anomie; 05 October 2011, 02:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to include the link.

I can actually say that Dual-graphics support does not seem to support the crossfire X configuration yet. however it's perfectly fine if you use the graphics cards separately for now. As for the Combination from an Llano chip and a dedicated chip, this is usable in single gpu mode, but not with the CrossfireX. I should also make sure you note that this is from a mobile setup of the Radeon 6720G2 ( combination of Radeon HD6520G and Radeon HD6650M ). Also, during installation you might need to use the Vesa drivers until you get the latest proprietary fully installed ( Tested on Sabayon Linux 6 )

Comment

Working...
    X