Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 6470M without Tear Free option

Hi

I have problem with my ATI 6470M on HP ProBook 4730s. I have video tearing and I have no option Tear Free in Catalyst-Control-Center on preinstalled SLED or on openSUSE 11.4 . Actually, I have no option Xinereama and no option Color profile too. I have only half of options which I have on different computer with ATI 6850 on Ubuntu.
    Tested on preinstalled drivers, on Catalyst 11.8 and on Catalyst 11.9 . I had tried to set Tear Free via command line and after that I couldn't have log in because of fail Xorg. I have similar issue with identification via lspci as http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/inde...t-1810480.html, but his solution update-pciids and reinstallation drivers didn't help me. I read on Phoronix that Tear Free can't be enabled if there is low memory, but I have 1GB on my ATI.

Hi,

I have the same problem with ATI 6720G2 (on a notebook Asus K53T with AMD A6 3400M) on debian sid.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi.

My problem was caused by joining ATI dedicated card with Intel integrated card. ATI card on HP ProBooks "s series" (like my HP 4730s) uses Intel's integrated card framebuffer for display and Tear Free option needs unfortunatelly ATI direct rendering via its own framebuffer...
      => My problem was ATI with Intel with something like Optimus technology. And response from ATI/HP engineers was that can't be fixed.

But you have only ATI card, not ATI+Intel with this "special" feature... So it will be different problem...

Daniel

Comment

Thanks.

Up

I am the only one with the problem ?

Comment

Working...
        X