Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's A New Humble Indie Bundle

Phoronix: There's A New Humble Indie Bundle

There's a new Humble Indie Bundle that launched yesterday. This time around the two-week pay-what-you-want sale is just for a single game: Frozen Synapse. Though if you pay more than the current average price, you get the Frozenbyte games bundled in too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am a little disappointed that there is only 1 new game.

Comment

IMHO they should only release when they have serious stuff. Releasing a single game looks like an excuse to try to collect another 2 million. Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed, but it looks like the lust for money is pushing them to act like this.

Comment

It's not really a bundle this time

That won't stop me getting it of course but I think more of my donation will be going to the charity this time rather than the default split

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          IMHO they should only release when they have serious stuff. Releasing a single game looks like an excuse to try to collect another 2 million. Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed, but it looks like the lust for money is pushing them to act like this.
          they give the previous bundle if you pay more than average but thats not important.

If you feel like a product, service or whatever is overpriced or doesn't fulfill your needs you shouldn't buy it. In other words it doesn't matter if money goes to charity if its indie or humble. if you don't like it DON'T give them your money.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            they give the previous bundle if you pay more than average but thats not important.

If you feel like a product, service or whatever is overpriced or doesn't fulfill your needs you shouldn't buy it. In other words it doesn't matter if money goes to charity if its indie or humble. if you don't like it DON'T give them your money.
            Nah, they should have waited till they had enough games for a real bundle, so they get $1, maybe $5 if I like it instead of the usual $30-50.

Comment

I really wish they would state up-front if the various games in each bundle have 64-bit linux builds. I haven't installed a 32-bit system in about 5 years.

While the proprietary drivers do provide 32-bit builds, it is a pain to deal with for free drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by thalience View Post
                I really wish they would state up-front if the various games in each bundle have 64-bit linux builds. I haven't installed a 32-bit system in about 5 years.
                Oh, look. I bought it and it is 32-bit only. Ryan Gordon says:
                We tried to get a 64-bit build of this, but Torque uses all sorts of nasty hacks that rely on a 32-bit process.
                I wish I had known that before setting my price.

Comment

I bought some of those bundles before and I can't say that there a lot new games Indie Bundle 2 and 3 were much better IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

I can't agree with you on this topic. I like the thing HIB does to linux gaming and open source community thus I would like to donate them a bit of my money. On the other hand I really can't understand why had they offered a "bundle" consisting of one single game. Giving games from previous bundle in case you pay more then the current average isn't an excuse - I already have them all as I had bought every previous HIB I was aware of. So the only thing they achieve with offering solo game "bundle" is getting less money then they might get in case they would offer normal 4-5 games bundle. I had bought "Frozen Synapse" HIB for myself but I only paid $5 for it and my "split" was mostly into HIB cap. For comparison I had paid several times more for previous 3 bundles and had really enjoyed playing such beefy titles as World of Goo, Machinarium, Cogs, Crayon Physics, And Yet It Moves, Braid and Osmos. Hadn't had enough free time to give other titles from older bundles a try.

To make it short: if you offer a bundle - it should be a bundle and it shouldn't be significantly worse than previous offers of the same kind.

Comment

Working...
                    X