No announcement yet.

catalyst 11.9 is online ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basically you should be happy, that you get a picture. radeon oss does not always work, last time oss did not work was a radeon 2400m on a core2 duo mac that the oss driver did not work at all (3.0.x kernel, xorg 1.10.4 from debian backports). also i had problems running an ati 9600m and get a picture. even with radeon.modeset=0 it was very unstable (no fglrx possible anymore). mobility chips seem to be very crappy - sometimes you really need a system like kanotix hellfire that can boot with fglrx enabled...

Comment

Installed the latest 11.9 drivers on my system. Running: ATI Technologies Inc Barts PRO [ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series], Kernel: 3.0.0. x11-base/xorg-server-1.10.3 - x11-base/xorg-x11-7.4-r1.
      And gnome3 with gnome-shell is working correctly again. Finally..

No weird artifacts bars and no slow window dragging.

Although I did have to totally remove the ati open source drivers and other garbage before the fglrx installation. Having the open source drivers installed gave me slow window dragging.

So what i did was completely remove ati open source drivers, force unload fglrx modulem remove the old fglrx drivers --forced. Install kernel sources. And stop XDM. Use the text installer from ATi. Start up X again and working like a charm now

Only "Error" I still have is when creating a Screenshot with gnome3 shows me an old window in the screenshot. Not sure if this is ATi or Gnome itself related.
      Last edited by Crypto_ahash; 29 September 2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

My 6310m is still erratic on Gnome Shell. The rainbow effect is gone now, fortunately, but window dragging is slow and I get *heavy* artifacting when invoking the dash. Even worse, I've got one hard lockup in 3 hours of use - very very bad. I haven't tested suspend yet.

In comparison, the OSS driver is smoother and resumes/suspends correctly every time - but still lacks proper power management (idles at 64C vs 56C on my E-350).

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
          My 6310m is still erratic on Gnome Shell. The rainbow effect is gone now, fortunately, but window dragging is slow and I get *heavy* artifacting when invoking the dash. Even worse, I've got one hard lockup in 3 hours of use - very very bad. I haven't tested suspend yet.

In comparison, the OSS driver is smoother and resumes/suspends correctly every time - but still lacks proper power management (idles at 64C vs 56C on my E-350).
          Try installing fglrx with my steps.

Comment

installed fine from *.run
            no problems detected so far.
            ofc the usual slow performance in wine games with a lot of GLSL problems
            native games are fine, like with 11.8

Linux mint 11 64bit, ati 5770, kernel 3.0.4

why is there no changelog, what changed since 11.8 ?
            Last edited by xpander; 29 September 2011, 04:41 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

X crash when I switch off graphics effects in KWin (kde 4.7.1), archlinux stable, x86_64 :
              I have only there informations :

As always, upgrading fglrx is a great source of randomness.

Comment

Hi!

First release in at least 2 years when my setup is broken Details here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic....996457#p996457
                Which of course is sad...

regards
                Kirurgs

Comment

Originally posted by Kirurgs View Post
                  Hi!

First release in at least 2 years when my setup is broken Details here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic....996457#p996457
                  Which of course is sad...

regards
                  Kirurgs
                  Try posting your bugs at the unofficial bug reporting system at amd?

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                    why is there no changelog
                    I can't remember the last time there actually was a changelog. Michael usually mentions the changes in the article when announces the driver's release.

Comment

lulz

People still use fglrx? Lulz

Let me tell you the changelog:
                      - Fixed crash in glxgears

Comment

Working...
                      X