catalyst 11.9 is online ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    I can confirm that I get natural resolution on kernel terminals. This doesn't mean that it supports KMS, but something has definitely changed for the better here!

Unfortunately, sleep is still broken on my dm1z. Back to the oss drivers which work correctly (if only they had better power saving on laptops...)
    see? I also tough that that wasn't kms infact vt switching isn't very fast... but this mean that we can use plymouth now?

Comment

Debian testing/unstable

So there is no way to get 11.9 working in debian testing/unstable? I am using sid and was waiting for AMD to release a functional driver for 1.11.1 xorg-core.
      Maybe someone is using Gallium to get even basic 3d acceleration under X in similar situation?
      Thanks

Comment

Just updated on Arch Linux, KDE4. No changes seen really. I rememember reading that some problems with were going to be fixed that helped with some problems in Minecraft (I think some incompatibilities in the JNI with FGLRX). Oh well...

Comment

Hmm... So far I've gotten Spiral Knights to crash 3 times in 45 minutes with fglrx 11.9 and Oracle's JRE
          Code:
          #
          # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
          #
          #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fc226e6c660, pid=20087, tid=140471944070912
          #
          # JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
          # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
          # Problematic frame:
          # C  [fglrx_dri.so+0xeaf660]  ukiCreateContext+0xeaf660

[snip]

Current thread (0x00007fc234aa8800):  JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-0" [_thread_in_native, id=20114, stack(0x00007fc22c43c000,0x00007fc22c53d000)]

siginfo:si_signo=SIGSEGV: si_errno=0, si_code=1 (SEGV_MAPERR), si_addr=0x0000000000000000
          I've switched back to OpenJDK for now (Which has the bad habit of randomly hardlocking the computer when loading maps... Rock or hard place... yay?)
          It might have been the same issue with 11.8 but I never got to test that version much since it made the interface flicker every now and then. Flickering is still there with 11.9 though happen much more seldom. 11.7 was fine.

Then I launched Guild Wars through Wine 1.3.28 and 5 minutes in:
          Code:
          *--> Crash <--*
          Exception: c0000005 
          Memory at address 00000000 could not be written
          App: Gw.exe
          ProgramId: 1
          Build: 34484
          When: 9/30/2011 22:34:38
          Flags: 0
          First time I've ever gotten that.

Is it me or it's the same error? (I've run memtest btw, no issue)
          Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 30 September 2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

bottom right corner mouse

Anyone know if the 'bottom right corner mouse hanging bug' is fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by slojam View Post
              Anyone know if the 'bottom right corner mouse hanging bug' is fixed?
              It's fixed in Catalyst 11.8.

Comment

If you have crash please report it here http://www.amd.com/us/LinuxCrewSurvey and here http://ati.cchtml.com
                Ubuntu, Kubuntu and openSUSE users also can contact with tech. support: http://emailcustomercare.amd.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
                  After some further investigation, 11.9 actually causes a regression for Kubuntu 11.10.

X segfaults when Muon Software Center or Muon Package Manager prompts the user to enter their password.

X segfaults when enabling or disabling kwin compositing.

Also:

Firefox now crashes instead of rendering upside down and backwards in OpenGL mode (which admittedly, you must force since they do warn that AM Catalyst is a broken driver, full of bugs)
                  DaemonFC,

I have the exact same problem with Fedora 15 and KDE 4.6. I completely removed the 11.8 fglrx modules before installing 11.9. I reinstalled 11.8.

Comment

Bodhi 1.2, HD5750, fglrx 11.9

Segfault on X startup when "composting" profile is selected.

Comment

It is amusing that the only driver that works is the one they don't "officially support".

Maybe with releases like this, we should be glad they almost never release "betas".

What kind of a crappy QA process churns out a driver that crashes like this? If anyone from AMD reads this, you do actually _load_ the driver and kick it around for 10 minutes, right? I mean, that's all it would take for it to crash the system hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X